• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, ladyspite said:

Formations of the teams are easier to see live though.

Personal opinion

Live games: Better understanding of speed/tempo of the game. See who is working hard of the ball and those that are winning there personal battles. Also you may get to hear the players/coaching staff so might have a better understanding of the tactics being employed. 

TV games: much clear view of the major incidents due to them being replayed at multiple angles and the benefit of having ex pros giving there two pence worth. Also and really tight calls offsides/possible fouls will be replayed to death

Radio: no matter what the game is like it will sound like the most action packed thriller in Manila type of game that you were mad not to see it. Even if it’s a 0-0 Pulis special 

• Like 2

I think it's indisputable that it's easier to see formations when actually at the match.

The camera follows the ball too closely to see it easily on TV, you can't even see half the players.

Not an issue in the stands.

Replays are the only advantage of watching on TV, bar avoiding the weather and the trudge home if we lose.

5 minutes ago, ErimusFootball said:

Know that he's out of the match tomorrow but had a bit of a tribute/reflective look on George Friend's Boro career already knocked up.

Our Friend forever 

https://t.co/qfXMtPJM4o

Great read Erimus 👏👏. I have nothing but fond memories of Gorgeous George. A model pro and thoroughly nice guy to boot. 
My earliest memory was halfway through one of his first games the opposition right wing/wingback went past him (nothing came off it) and he was furious with himself to the point TM had to tell him to calm down. Such was the standard he set himself. 
If he has a fault it would be he was so excited when he scored he literally didn’t know what to do with himself and his celebrations were excited/clumsy/hilarious all rolled into one 

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think it's indisputable that it's easier to see formations when actually at the match.

The camera follows the ball too closely to see it easily on TV, you can't even see half the players.

Not an issue in the stands.

Replays are the only advantage of watching on TV, bar avoiding the weather and the trudge home if we lose.

I'm still rubbish at knowing what the formation is when I'm at the game. The players move around too much :D

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Great read Erimus 👏👏. I have nothing but fond memories of Gorgeous George. A model pro and thoroughly nice guy to boot. 
My earliest memory was halfway through one of his first games the opposition right wing/wingback went past him (nothing came off it) and he was furious with himself to the point TM had to tell him to calm down. Such was the standard he set himself. 
If he has a fault it would be he was so excited when he scored he literally didn’t know what to do with himself and his celebrations were excited/clumsy/hilarious all rolled into one 

Cheers Uwe. Definitely my favourite player of the past ten years or so and always a pleasure to meet in person. 

Glad we won't have to see him in blue tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

Rotherham have had a COVID outbreak. Surely our game with them on boxing day is in jeopardy. 

Yeah, that'll be postponed.

Edit: beeb tees just said it has been postponed

Even with the new 10 day isolation period it would be impossible for Rotherham Staff and Players to be available in 6 days time unless their isolation period started at least 4 days ago. If they had been in isolation already for 4 days then their game yesterday would have been called off well before it was. 

It is possible that the investigation into it from the League finds that they could and should have played the game yesterday and also force them to play against Boro but I doubt with the current situation the EFL would be so reckless. Its incredible that the season has progressed as far as it has with so few postponements.