oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 minutes ago, Will said:

Yeh violent conduct would require intent. Branthwaite endangered an opposition player (Red card) and used excessive force (Red card) but I don't view what he did as violent conduct as bad as it was, it was an accident.

Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt he didn't mean to do it, the replays show that he's watching the ball the whole way. He only sees Fry as his foot meets his face.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Its not about Boro gaining anything.

Its for his own good - as many a parent used to say in the bad old days when it came to punishing their kids. He's got to learn he can't get away with doing things like that.

You learn more from your mistakes...especially if they come with a heavy punishment.

And quite frankly I don't want him going round kicking anyone else...even if it does us a favour. I don't want Boro to succeed because our rivals had key players out of action due to that donkey.

It was an accident for Christ’s sake. 

19 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'd rather not allow for something that encourages or, at best, doesn't punish the kind of violent play that could end a player's career. It's got nowt to do with how it benefits us. I'd expect the same punishment if Nathan Wood did it.

It was an accident..

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It was an accident..

An accident caused by dangerous play that was avoidable. He didn't need to raise his boot and there's a reason there are laws against that exact thing.

If he took a gun out in the penalty area, aimed at the ball, missed and shot Fry in the eye, it would also be an accident. An accident that was waiting to happen. You wouldn't allow for that, why would you allow for this?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It was an accident..

"it was an accident" can still get you punished mate. Saying "it was an accident" doesn't just suddenly get you off scot free.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

"it was an accident" can still get you punished mate. Saying "it was an accident" doesn't just suddenly get you off scot free.

Yeah maybe a yellow at the time, but those calling for a ban are being a bit over the top. I’m sure if we had won that game, no one would be quite so upset

Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Yeah maybe a yellow at the time, but those calling for a ban are being a bit over the top. I’m sure if we had won that game, no one would be quite so upset

Were you in the match-day thread at all during the game? People were bloody distraught throughout the game, injustice, fear, anxiety, it was all rife throughout the game from the moment the incident happened. The result had such little bearing on how people viewed the incident. The result was disappointing but it was completely overshadowed by what had come previous.

"Maybe a yellow at the time"

Jesus wept. I think the EFL might give you a job as an official, mate.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I hope you never become a referee.

7 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

That’s an absurd analogy.

He raised his boot to try and kick the ball, he caught Fry in the face by accident, you want him banned for that? What’s happening to the modern game?

He's dangerously raised his foot to the face of a 6 foot 3 player. You can't raise your feet that high for a reason ffs.

Should be a minimum retrospective 3 match ban, and that's only because I don't think he meant it, but I'm not surprised the FA have bottled it.

Doesn't help us now, but he still should be punished for a terrible challenge.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It was an accident..

An accident that was millimetres from potentially ending someone's career. At the absolute minimum he should be serving a 3 game ban.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Were you in the match-day thread at all during the game? People were bloody distraught throughout the game, injustice, fear, anxiety, it was all rife throughout the game from the moment the incident happened. The result had such little bearing on how people viewed the incident. The result was disappointing but it was completely overshadowed by what had come previous.

"Maybe a yellow at the time"

Jesus wept. I think the EFL might give you a job as an official, mate.

He caught a boot in the face, if that makes you distraught, I think the problem is with you. I wasn’t too involved in the match day thread as I was watching the match, it was a wild boot, but why would a whole set of supporters be distraught? It’s a mans game for goodness sake. 

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

He caught a boot in the face, if that makes you distraught, I think the problem is with you. I wasn’t too involved in the match day thread as I was watching the match, it was a wild boot, but why would a whole set of supporters be distraught? It’s a mans game for goodness sake. 

Are you Tony Mowbray?

Because a Boro player was nearly blinded by a horrific challenge, that player had to immediately come off with blood pouring down his face, the ref gave a goal kick.

Branthwaite then smirked his way off the pitch at the end of the match, and has received absolutely no punishment.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Maybe a yellow? For committing two red card offences at the same time, all while being incredibly close to ending another professionals career.

I'm glad you're not a referee 😂