oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I hope you never become a referee.

The ref, the linesman, Mogga and the FA all came to the same conclusion as me, it was an accident which warranted no further action. It’s the hysterical fans on a forum who disagree. 

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Will said:

Maybe a yellow? For committing two red card offences at the same time, all while being incredibly close to ending another professionals career.

I'm glad you're not a referee 😂

Two red card offences? Go on then what were they?

7 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

He caught a boot in the face, if that makes you distraught, I think the problem is with you. I wasn’t too involved in the match day thread as I was watching the match, it was a wild boot, but why would a whole set of supporters be distraught? It’s a mans game for goodness sake. 

What kind of shittery is this? It's a man's game, *** hell. Big hard men getting into big hard tackles is fine because they're big hard men and we shouldn't care about them because it's a big hard men's game.

It's not a man's game so you can stop with that right there, I'd expect better from you.

Clearly the problem is me because I think potentially ending a professional's career by giving them a life-changing injury shocked me to the pit of my stomach.

I didn't have you down for someone who lacked empathy, Billy.

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The ref, the linesman, Mogga and the FA all came to the same conclusion as me, it was an accident which warranted no further action. It’s the hysterical fans on a forum who disagree. 

That's not a good thing, mate. You know the standard of refereeing in this division is awful and you would happily align yourself with them. Not just that but you also seem to think it was just our fans who disagreed, when if you had been in the thread at the time, you'd know people had nipped over to Blackburn forums and they were saying the exact same thing.

Way to make being hysterical over potentially life-changing circumstances to a fellow human being sound like a bad thing, by the way.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Literally everyone but the ref and linesman knew it was a red card. Warnock had the *** rules read out to him at full time that confirmed it mate.

Mogga

Couldn't come to any conclusion, could he? He claimed to not have seen it.

FA all came to the same conclusion as me

Have they? If the ref wrote in his report that he saw it and no further action was required then there is literally nothing the FA can do under the current rules.

You're talking utter tripe mate, and I'm struggling to work out if your just on the wind up or are genuinely just incapable of understanding very simple rules.

4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It's not fair stomp, stomp, stomp!

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Two red card offences? Go on then what were they?

Listed in a post you liked only 20 minutes ago 😂 

Endangering an opponent and using excessive force.

5 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

It's not fair stomp, stomp, stomp!

Seems a bit beneath you, this.

It was a blatant penalty and a blatant red card.

To be annoyed that a goal kick was bafflingly given instead doesn't mean our fans are acting like children.

Every single media outlet agrees that it was the wrong decision, including on the Blackburn side.

I don't think it was excessive force, most of the momentum came from fry.

It was certainly dangerous play and a red card.

Probably a 1-2 game ban, as far as I know violent conduct and serious foul play can only be taken into account if there's perceived intent. 

11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

What kind of shittery is this? It's a man's game, *** hell. Big hard men getting into big hard tackles is fine because they're big hard men and we shouldn't care about them because it's a big hard men's game.

It's not a man's game so you can stop with that right there, I'd expect better from you.

Clearly the problem is me because I think potentially ending a professional's career by giving them a life-changing injury shocked me to the pit of my stomach.

I didn't have you down for someone who lacked empathy, Billy.

That's not a good thing, mate. You know the standard of refereeing in this division is awful and you would happily align yourself with them. Not just that but you also seem to think it was just our fans who disagreed, when if you had been in the thread at the time, you'd know people had nipped over to Blackburn forums and they were saying the exact same thing.

Way to make being hysterical over potentially life-changing circumstances to a fellow human being sound like a bad thing, by the way.

I don’t lack empathy but I’m not vindictive either, I just think it was one of those things, an accident that could have been worse than it was, but thankfully wasn’t. I don’t think anything is to be gained by banning the player. 
I don’t think that incident defined our performance, we played ok after that, but Spence got caught trying to take on too many players, lost possession, Blackburn broke and scored as we were static at the back. Then we just hoofed the ball for the rest of the game and Blackburn defended solidly. 
I think supporters and manager are trying to use the high boot incident to mask the poor team performance. 

11 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I don’t lack empathy but I’m not vindictive either, I just think it was one of those things, an accident that could have been worse than it was, but thankfully wasn’t. I don’t think anything is to be gained by banning the player. 
I don’t think that incident defined our performance, we played ok after that, but Spence got caught trying to take on too many players, lost possession, Blackburn broke and scored as we were static at the back. Then we just hoofed the ball for the rest of the game and Blackburn defended solidly. 
I think supporters and manager are trying to use the high boot incident to mask the poor team performance. 

We were ***, but I also didn't care because Fry's health is far more important than one result. Warnock has said as much as well, so I'm not sure where this feeling is coming from?

Is it vindictive to want the rules of the game enforced? Is it vindictive to want our players to be protected?

22 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Why is it vindictive to want the rules of the game enforced correctly? If the rules were applied he'd have been sent off AND be under a 3 game ban now.

Why is it vindictive to want the rules enforced?

Baffling argument.

3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

You're literally the only one talking about the performance, right now. The whole discussion about how it would have affected the result or the performance is long gone, we're talking about applying retrospective action. The very nature of this discussion is about retrospectively approaching one incident, it's nothing to do with our performance or the result. I can only see that as being the reason you think that people are masking the performance; because you actually can't see anybody talking about it here.

Your opinion on whether or not the challenge is a red card has nothing to do with anyone being vindictive, you believe that's maybe a yellow at best. Your opinion that it's a man's game that we should allow for boots to fly about so long as they're accidental is nothing to do with anyone being vindictive, you believe that's fine. Your opinion that responding to violent action on another human being as being hysterical is nothing to do with anyone being vindictive, you just don't empathise with the person in question enough to care about the lack of justice nor do you think that's reasonable for anyone else to respond that way, in fact, you view that (and as such, me) as the problem.