• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

21 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It was an accident for Christ’s sake. 

It was an avoidable one.

The less you go around kicking people in the head, the less likely you are to injure anyone.

Again...a good lesson to learn.

21 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’d agree with that, caution and penalty but not a 3 match ban or a red card, we’d be gutted if it was the other way round, imagine Fry had caught someone in the face by accident and been banned for 3 matches, our fans would be livid. 

We were pretty *** off when Adomah had his over head kick disallowed a few years back, imagine if he’d been sent off and banned as well. 

The rules literally determine  it was a red card.

The u18s were involved in a completely bonkers game at Rockliffe this morning against Leeds. Referee went off injured after 10 minutes and there was no extra official, so a coach from each team served as a lino in each half!

Boro lost 2 to injury in the first half and found themselves 2-0 down shortly after half time. They then managed to miss a penalty, before roaring back in a stunning goal frenzy to win 5-2! 

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
On 1/30/2021 at 3:54 PM, Leesider said:

Just stopped by a garda checkpoint in Cork whilst out  shopping.the guard saw my Boro Mask,smiled & said 'drive on,looks like you have enough problems!' How very dare he!

My son was on a night out in Glasgow a while back, the usual question got asked (Rangers or Celtic?).

"Neither, I'm a Middlesbrough fan.", he replied.  The guy just looked at him and said,

"Oh mate, I'm sorry.".

During Woodgate's reign, so it was fair comment, TBH.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was looking through the training pics earlier and noticed Dijksteel was involved but did not see him in any of the pics when it looked like a practice match was going on. Maybe just doing light training with an eye on Derby game.

Also did not spot Fry and Bola in any of the pics but everyone was present (bar kebano who i believe arrives tonight)

26 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Different subject but Birmingham are now 3 point clear of the drop zone. Surely that's the end of the road for karanka. Doesn't seem to be able to achieve elsewhere.

Birmingham was never the right fit for him, but it does seem he can't recapture the magic he had here. Really hope he doesn't end up like Paul Jewell - worked miracles at Bradford and then totally failed to replicate the feat anywhere else (apart from moderate success at Wigan) before drifting into obscurity.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Birmingham was never the right fit for him, but it does seem he can't recapture the magic he had here. Really hope he doesn't end up like Paul Jewell - worked miracles at Bradford and then totally failed to replicate the feat anywhere else (apart from moderate success at Wigan) before drifting into obscurity.

Maybe because we still have Leo? Always thought AK was missing a connection with the dressing room, he just doesn’t seem to have the personality to get people onside. Same with Monk.
I can just imagine them going through a PowerPoint with the team and everyone glazing over, bored stupid.

• Like 1

I think Aitor needs to change country. He's fast become a failure here and just another one of those in the pool of managers. If you didn't have any prior affiliation with him, would you feel comfortable if he was appointed at your club? I can't see any promotion chasing side taking that gamble so he needs to make it work at a struggling club like Birmingham. If he gets sacked at Brum he will find it hard to get an attractive job offer.

• Like 1

Needs a complete change of scenery, people tolerate dour football if your getting the results, not if your losing. that said some of the football in the playoff and promotion seasons was really good, he just seams to of lost his way.