• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

It stings to see Moore banging in the goals for Cardiff. 13 for the season. The other 2 players we were close to in Williams at Bristol and Goode at Brentford not performed as they might have hoped due to injuries and lack of opportunity.

However, cant help but feel Moore would have made a difference for us. Hopefully we can set someone of a similar ilk to him in summer as its clear thar is what Warnock wants.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Moore would have been a perfect fit for a Warnock side. But if I recall correctly wasn't it rumoured he wanted £40k onwards per week? If that's the case I'm glad we steered clear.

Wages don’t really bother me it’s not my money or my decision to make. 

I would rather have a 13 goal striker than a 4 goal striker regardless of what they are on. 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I would rather have a 13 goal striker than a 4 goal striker regardless of what they are on. 

True, but how many times have we been burnt in the past (and currently) giving players large contracts hoping for a short term gain, only for them to ultimately not provide that.

Then we end up being financially constrained and not able to improve the squad overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is still money that wouldn't have gone to signing other players though. And while we could sit and talk about players we'd rather we didn't spend money on til the cows come home, £40k a week on Moore at the time we could have started paying it would have severely limited us from signing anyone else. It might not be our budget to bare but it's a budget that will affect our team and our club's future business nonetheless.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Even cocaine?

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Even cocaine?

Wish more of our players were on cocaine. At least they’d cover more ground instead of the pedestrian half arsed efforts I’ve witnessed over the last few games (too soon ) 

If Warnock is staying for perhaps a last season next year we need to start planning now as I personally think our season is over. Our best starting team would feature the following 

New GK

Dijksteel Fry New CB Bola

Howson McNair 

NML Tav Bolasie 

New ST

1. New Goalkeeper is 100% a necessity. Bettinelli is nowhere near the quality or consistency needed to succeed in this league.

2. NW is constantly mentioning he would like a CB who is more of a threat in the attacking box (Sean Morrison for example) to play alongside Fry. McNair has to stay in the team and is a much better partner for Howson than any of the others available anyway. 

3. Britt and Akpom simply aren’t up to the task. Fletch is capable IMO but a striker who is good in the air, can link up with teammates and most importantly finish is a huge priority for a NW team to work. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

I remember when Richard Bacon was sacked instantly from Blue Peter when he admitted taking cocaine. Similar reasons were given by the BBC. 

I always thought it would have been a better message if he’d been given the chance to explain what he’d done and why. Hell, they could have done an excellent lot of work by standing by him. Would have been a better role model for making a mistake, apologising and working to rectify it. 

NML? I hope he’s in a better place now and repays Warnock’s faith in him. 

Bacon wasn't sacked simply for doing cocaine. The BBC could care less about what their staff do (they covered for a paedophile for decades, come on.)

He was sacked because his cocaine use meant he was constantly late for filming and as a result costing the BBC money. Like any big corporation, once you start affecting that bottom line, you're done.

11 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

It is still money that wouldn't have gone to signing other players though. And while we could sit and talk about players we'd rather we didn't spend money on til the cows come home, £40k a week on Moore at the time we could have started paying it would have severely limited us from signing anyone else. It might not be our budget to bare but it's a budget that will affect our team and our club's future business nonetheless.

True we might not have signed Akpom or Roberts. 

4 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Bacon wasn't sacked simply for doing cocaine. The BBC could care less about what their staff do (they covered for a paedophile for decades, come on.)

He was sacked because his cocaine use meant he was constantly late for filming and as a result costing the BBC money. Like any big corporation, once you start affecting that bottom line, you're done.

Just seen this 😄

https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/richard-bacon-denied-snorting-cocaine-off-blue-peter-tortoise-263932

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, boro-unger said:

Makes you wonder whether someone slipped John Noakes's elephant some acid ...   always thought it had a strange expression 🙂 

not that I'm trying to infer anything of course

5 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

True we might not have signed Akpom or Roberts. 

We might not have signed anyone. That leg room we cleared by shifting Roberts back out allowed us to make some more moves in January too, we don't know, maybe Bolasie and/or Kebano wouldn't be here either. Then we'd have the opposite problem; a big striker with no creativity.

I kind of wish we had Moore in this Warnock team as the striker but I'd rather we had those creative players on their shorter term deals in case things don't work out, players that might not be stuck around when a new manager comes in and doesn't like them. Not to say that will happen this summer but who knows.