oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Charlie wyke is out of contract at the end of this season... 21 goals in 31 games. He's 28 now but then some players develop late. Could do a lot worse on a free. 

I'd be fully behind him if he did come here, but I don't think it would work out.

He was allegedly shocking in his first two seasons at Sunderland, and that's at a poorer level.

It's a step up to the Championship and I can't think of too many who did it at 28.

Hopefully I'm dead wrong though, Sunderland fail to get promoted and he comes back home and smashes it.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Interesting that the MFC site said it was a three game ban and not just the single game suspension.

"An independent Regulatory Commission has removed Paddy McNair’s three-match suspension following a successful claim of wrongful dismissal.

Just as well it was removed as a three game ban would have been really disastrous form us. I'm still not sure and even more confused over what constitutes a one game or a three game ban for a straight Red? Just glad I didn't have to find out at Paddy's expense!

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I still don't agree with it based on the angles we've seen. Not gonna complain about getting Paddy back, though.

Watch inside matchday, you can see clear as day that his boot makes contact with the ball first and only which is what causes the follow through. The more I watch it, the more I'm not convinced it's even a foul, let alone a red card.

8 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I still don't agree with it based on the angles we've seen. Not gonna complain about getting Paddy back, though.

I thought that your GIF made it clear as day that it was not even a foul @wilsoncgp Bacuna lost control of the ball, Paddy got to the loose ball first, then Bacuna came in late. It was probably your GIF that cleared him 😃

• Haha 2