oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

3 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I’m as Happy as anyone that it’s been overturned. But if it hadn’t I could kind of seen why it hasn’t even though it would’ve annoyed me. 

The fact that Karen Nelson had to spend upwards of 8 hours graft putting together a whole dossier proved that it wasn’t as easy either way to prove/disprove and it could have gone either way. 

Also this “I told you so” stuff is childish as hell. We need to be a little bit more respectful of others opinions. But that’s just my opinion 🤷‍♂️

People should be more respectful of my opinions because they are always correct but I bet they won't 😭

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I’m not dying on any hill. It’s just my opinion, in the same way it was the opinion of the ref and linesman that the challenge was a red card. I wouldn’t worry about it.

It wasn't the opinion of the ref though, I keep correcting you on this. It was the opinion of the linesman who was 30 yards away and couldn't see it and the ref deferred to him for some stupid reason.

It's alright to admit you were wrong sometimes mate, no one is right all the time.

To be fair to @Humpty, when I saw it live and also looking at the GIF Wilson posted in the matchday thread, to me it looked like the red was deserving. As from those 2 angles there looked to be a point both McNair's feet were off the ground and it looked like he contacted Bacuna before the ball. Obviously they are the only 2 angles I saw, and I imagine the dossier provided there could be more angles that show otherwise. 

Anyway I'm glad it has been overturned as I think all of us can agree that McNair is quite an important player for us.

• Like 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

People should be more respectful of my opinions because they are always correct but I bet they won't 😭

What's odd is from my final sentence of the post above I was going to say no one is right all the time, unless you ask CT, who will tell you he is right 100% of the time 😂, but deleted it.

I refresh and there you are 😂

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

To be fair to @Humpty, when I saw it live and also looking at the GIF Wilson posted in the matchday thread, to me it looked like the red was deserving. As from those 2 angles there looked to be a point both McNair's feet were off the ground and it looked like he contacted Bacuna before the ball. Obviously they are the only 2 angles I saw, and I imagine the dossier provided there could be more angles that show otherwise. 

Anyway I'm glad it has been overturned as I think all of us can agree that McNair is quite an important player for us.

He didn't and it's just clearly obvious to anyone with eyes, honestly.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Weird hill to die on mate, everyone knowing you're wrong but refusing to admit it...but whatever floats your boat I guess

I've yet to see what Brunners told me to have a look at so I'll check that out at some point and maybe adjust my stance but I still stand by my judgement of what I saw until then. I don't quite understand why that part of this is so important to you. We're all talking about our judgement of what we saw and until what we see changes, why would we change our opinions of it?

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He didn't and it's just clearly obvious to anyone with eyes, honestly.

So obvious that the Ref gave the red despite being in the best position to see it? Yes the linesman said it was a red but surely if it was that obvious the ref would have overruled him? Or maybe at full speed it wasn't that obvious?

• Like 1
Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

So obvious that the Ref gave the red despite being in the best position to see it? Yes the linesman said it was a red but surely if it was that obvious the ref would have overruled him? Or maybe at full speed it wasn't that obvious?

The ref wasn't even going to give a yellow.

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

What's odd is from my final sentence of the post above I was going to say no one is right all the time, unless you ask CT, who will tell you he is right 100% of the time 😂, but deleted it.

I refresh and there you are 😂

I'm watching you

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I've yet to see what Brunners told me to have a look at so I'll check that out at some point and maybe adjust my stance but I still stand by my judgement of what I saw until then. I don't quite understand why that part of this is so important to you. We're all talking about our judgement of what we saw and until what we see changes, why would we change our opinions of it?

Exactly, it’s no different from the debate that you and I had over the Fry incident a couple of weeks ago. In my opinion, neither incident deserved a red card, I’m glad this one was rescinded, but many others might think otherwise, that’s fair enough, no point making a massive song and dance about someone else’s opinion. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The ref got talked into it by a linesman that couldn't see it. Don't ask me why he did that, but that doesn't make it any more correct.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The ref wasn't even going to give a yellow.

Is this even true or is this just your opinion? The ref had his hand in his pocket as soon as it happened. He gave the foul as soon as the challenge went in and his hand goes straight to his pocket.

Just now, Brunners said:

The ref got talked into it by a linesman that couldn't see it. Don't ask me why he did that, but that doesn't make it any more correct.

But surely if it was that incorrect and obvious then the ref would have said no it isn't a red. The fact he was talked out of it kind of makes me think the ref himself wasn't sure.