oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I've yet to see what Brunners told me to have a look at so I'll check that out at some point and maybe adjust my stance but I still stand by my judgement of what I saw until then. I don't quite understand why that part of this is so important to you. We're all talking about our judgement of what we saw and until what we see changes, why would we change our opinions of it?

When the panel overturns it though don't you even have a small inkling of "well, I guess I was mistaken in this case"? When almost everybody but you and one or two others think something, don't you have to start considering maybe your viewpoint is flawed?

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Just now, Brunners said:

When the panel overturns it though don't you even have a small inkling of "well, I guess I was mistaken in this case"? When almost everybody but you and one or two others think something, don't you have to start considering maybe your viewpoint is flawed?

Of course it makes me question whether I was right but it doesn't automatically make me think I was wrong? That kind of feels like what's happening here. The panel ruled it wasn't a red card so everyone who thinks otherwise must be wrong. I can't remember the last time we had that much trust in the FA's competency, for a start.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He was going to give a yellow, NW confirmed that today. He got talked into upgrading by the linesman.

That makes more sense with what happened on the pitch, yeah. As mentioned just above, he gave the foul immediately as it happened and went to his pocket.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Of course it makes me question whether I was right but it doesn't automatically make me think I was wrong? That kind of feels like what's happening here. The panel ruled it wasn't a red card so everyone who thinks otherwise must be wrong. I can't remember the last time we had that much trust in the FA's competency, for a start.

It's not just the panel though, is it? It's the panel and a good 95% of the people who have viewed the incident.

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

Not to sound too condescending but surely you all have better things to be doing on a Friday night than argue over a decision that went our way in the end? 

Brexit, Religion, UK Government Virus response, is BLM marxist, do goldfish have memories longer than 2 seconds, should Branthwaite have been red carded?

Take your pick from those.

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Opinions can still be wrong in instances like this.

Why. Because the FA overturned it? By that logic we have to assume they were correct that there was no wrong doing in the Huddersfield/Fry incident. Sure Dael ended up with 11 stitches, could’ve lost his eye but everyone on oneBoro were clearly wrong as they said there’s no case to answer. 

Obviously I’m being facetious but just want to reiterate that fact that the FA should not be classed as infallible. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Why. Because the FA overturned it? By that logic we have to assume they were correct that there was no wrong doing in the Huddersfield/Fry incident. Sure Dael ended up with 11 stitches, could’ve lost his eye but everyone on oneBoro were clearly wrong as they said there’s no case to answer. 

Obviously I’m being facetious but just want to reiterate that fact that the FA should not be classed as infallible. 

And again, I'm not basing it entirely on the FA's judgement. In this instance the FA just backed up what 95% of us knew.

In that instance, the FA didn't back up what 95% of us knew. They giveth and they taketh away.

All I'm saying is if you're in the absolute minority and authorities and people close to the subject all disagree with you, maybe you need to re-evaluate your position.

Just now, Brunners said:

It's not just the panel though, is it? It's the panel and a good 95% of the people who have viewed the incident.

I'm not so sure where you're getting the figures from there mate as after viewing what we saw initially, the photo and the view we saw, it was at best a 50/50 split between those who said definite red and those who weren't seeing the foul. Some were convinced by the photo on its own which quite rightly was misleading without anything else. The GIF I showed combined with the photo for me absolutely shows he catches Bacuna, one way or another. 

For what it's worth though, I did just go and watch the Inside Matchday thing you asked me to watch and I can definitely see what you see which may well be new information to some; McNair gets the ball first. Here's a new GIF from that angle.

mcnairred60fps_slow_2ndangle.gif.b0120b6c61fda3acffab51c2cd0db7da.gif

What this doesn't change for me is that he does catch Bacuna with his studs. From this angle it looks like it might be a scrape at best but he catches him still, for me. The only incident I can think of in our history where a studded challenge wins the ball then catches a player resulted in a red card is one I've already mentioned to you. Dale Stephens for Brighton in the 1-1 promotion draw.

A genuine question then, one I don't know the answer to. What's the difference between this and the Stephens incident? If you go back and watch that, his boot is obviously higher but I don't believe it's what is considered a high boot as its below his waist when it catches Ramirez. So what's different? We pretty unanimously believe Stephens deserved a red but the growing consensus on this one is it isn't.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

And again, I'm not basing it entirely on the FA's judgement. In this instance the FA just backed up what 95% of us knew.

In that instance, the FA didn't back up what 95% of us knew. They giveth and they taketh away.

All I'm saying is if you're in the absolute minority and authorities and people close to the subject all disagree with you, maybe you need to re-evaluate your position.

You have been on the Internet before, haven’t you 😉

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Or maybe there is a more conclusive angle/angles that the independent panel have seen to make a decision to overturn the red. Go back into the match day thread it certainly isn't 95% of posters agreeing it shouldn't have been a red.

• Like 1