• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Interesting stats here of goalkeepers in the league shows Bettinali has made the fewest saves along with the worst save percentage with he shots he's faced. Therefore kind a worst performing keeper in league has only kept cleansheets when not called upon. Stats

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Interesting stats here of goalkeepers in the league shows Bettinali has made the fewest saves along with the worst save percentage with he shots he's faced. Therefore kind a worst performing keeper in league has only kept cleansheets when not called upon. Stats

We need to address the Keeper and Fwd line in the summer, there must be a better keeper available to buy/loan than this one.

With Charlie Wyke competing to be top scorer in League One, us desperately needing a targetman like him and him being out of contract in the summer, I think we're definitely going to be interested in signing him this summer. He'll probably be below the likes of Diedhiou on our target list, but I still think we'll have a substantial interest in him and, if anything, we'll have a far better chance of signing him.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Tbf Stojanovic had his critics on here as well. Plenty of people were unsure of his capabilities. 

If he had been as poor as Bett has been he would have received 10x the criticism as well.

I also question the wisdom of loaning him to a foreign country.

Edited by GrimsbyBoro
20 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

If he had been as poor as Bett has been he would have received 10x the criticism as well.

I also question the wisdom of loaning him to a foreign country.

German speaking keeper goes to a struggling German club to try and catch the eye of a German speaking national team before the Euros.

I expect Austrian scouts pay more attention to the German leagues than the English ones.

Makes sense to me.

Besides I don't imagine there were many English clubs needing a first choice goalkeeper in January (except us).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Hopefully Betterwelly it won’t be part of next seasons plans. 

he's a free agent at the end of the season so if NW is still here, expect Betts to be here too IMO.

• Sad 1

Are there any decent GKs out there we could get on a free or a season loan?

I notice Hennessey at Palace is out of contract in summer as is Weatwood at Sheff Wed. Not suggesting we go for either but other than them two no real names jump out to me. 

35 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

German speaking keeper goes to a struggling German club to try and catch the eye of a German speaking national team before the Euros.

I expect Austrian scouts pay more attention to the German leagues than the English ones.

Makes sense to me.

Besides I don't imagine there were many English clubs needing a first choice goalkeeper in January (except us).

I guess it depends whether he has a future at the club or not. If it’s to put him in the shop window then fair enough. If we want to develop him then an English speaking league would have been preferential.