oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

26 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Hugill is atrocious, all he does is fall over, he was useless when he played for us, why would you want him back?

I did not like him one bit when he was here BUT under pulis he was extrmeely isolated on his own. And In his defence he then went to have a very good season at QPR where he had runners in and around him. Which is what most target men need.

The fact remains when Hugill plays regularly at this level (and you have bodies around him like you should and not play a 8.1.1 formation with him) then his record suggests he does well. Preston and QPR show that. He back up at Norwich to Pukki so wont judge him on that.

• Like 2
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

I would definitely have Hugill back next season if Warnock remains in charge. He was very harshly treated his time here as others have mentioned he was just as isolated as Negredo was.

Target men ALWAYS need runners off them. His link up play was good, he’s strong, can head and still scored a reasonable amount of goals considering how we played as a team. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I did not like him one bit when he was here BUT under pulis he was extrmeely isolated on his own. And In his defence he then went to have a very good season at QPR where he had runners in and around him. Which is what most target men need.

The fact remains when Hugill plays regularly at this level (and you have bodies around him like you should and not play a 8.1.1 formation with him) then his record suggests he does well. Preston and QPR show that. He back up at Norwich to Pukki so wont judge him on that.

Warnock plays one up front so I can’t see him being the solution here. 

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Warnock plays one up front so I can’t see him being the solution here. 

True but unlike Pulis, Warnock would have runners and support in and around a target man in likes of Watmore and Tav along with people he would look to sign in mould of Kebano, Mendez and Bolasise etc

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

True but unlike Pulis, Warnock would have runners and support in and around a target man in likes of Watmore and Tav along with people he would look to sign in mould of Kebano, Mendez and Bolasise etc

I still wouldn’t be happy with that signing, what is this obsession fans have with ex players, do they not watch any other football teams?

Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I still wouldn’t be happy with that signing, what is this obsession fans have with ex players, do they not watch any other football teams?

I dont want him here. He was a name i suggested in case we dont get other targets. Rather Hugill than no target man at all was my point

My ideal signing up top would be lad from Bristol but I feel he will get offered bigger wages elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I dont want him here. He was a name i suggested in case we dont get other targets. Rather Hugill than no target man at all was my point

My ideal signing up top would be lad from Bristol but I feel he will get offered bigger wages elsewhere.

I’d rather we changed our style of play than signed a big target man to hoof the ball to. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Hugill and Smithies, really?

REALLY?

Okay I suppose Smithies would be an upgrade on Bettinelli but anyone who wants Hugill back here needs their head examining.

At least you changed your mind on Smithies within 2 sentences.

5 hours ago, TLF10 said:

And In his defence he then went to have a very good season at QPR where he had runners in and around him. Which is what most target men need.

The fact remains when Hugill plays regularly at this level (and you have bodies around him like you should and not play a 8.1.1 formation with him) then his record suggests he does well. Preston and QPR show that. 

5 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

He had an excellent season for QPR, that ended with injury against us.

He got 13 goals and 1 assist and that was the best season in his career.  Assombalonga has bettered that twice with us, and twice with Forest, and still isn't good enough.  When they were both on the same team, one got 6 goals, including I think 2 or 3 penalties, and one got 14 goals, not sure how many were penalties.  There's quite a big difference between a player who is a waste of space as far as some people are concerned and a player who apparently does well at this level.  

5 hours ago, DevKWat said:

I would definitely have Hugill back next season if Warnock remains in charge. He was very harshly treated his time here as others have mentioned he was just as isolated as Negredo was.

Target men ALWAYS need runners off them. His link up play was good, he’s strong, can head and still scored a reasonable amount of goals considering how we played as a team. 

He scored 6 goals mate, there was nothing reasonable about it.  He wasn't even good enough to be considered bang average when he was here.  Yeah, Pulis has to take some of the blame for it, but Assombalonga got 14 goals that season, and you wouldn't think of him as ideal for that kind of football either.

So here is one for our fans...

If i said there a 28yr old striker in league 1 with 23 goals this season, who plays as a target man and is a free transfer this summer i assume most would say “he definitely worth taking a look at”.

However, if i then say that striker is our ex academy striker Charle Wyke who plays for Sunderland he suddenly becomes a less attractive proposition.

So my question is this. Is Wyke worth a punt on a free? 

• Like 1