• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

On the topic of Keepers, St.Pauli play Hamburg tonight. It's live on BT,  it'll be a decent game anyway, but it'll also be worth watching to see how Stojanovic fairs.

St pauli clean sheet from our man I hope we give him a chance in summer

• Like 2
18 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

St pauli clean sheet from our man I hope we give him a chance in summer

Yeah it was in the end. He didn't have loads to do to be fair, but looked solid. There was one moment where if the shot was on target they would have scored, but that was more down to how good the strike was.

I'd like to see him given a chance next season. Why plough £1m on him then not make the most of that.

• Like 1

Every time howson has a decent performance the gazette does an article on him. Completely ignoring how poor he's been for weeks now. Become even more of a PR piece for the club since the lay offs. 

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Every time howson has a decent performance the gazette does an article on him. Completely ignoring how poor he's been for weeks now. Become even more of a PR piece for the club since the lay offs. 

I don't even think he was that good last night? Pivotal in the 2nd goal yeah, great run up to and into the box, combined well with Johnson and found his man in the middle which doesn't happen very often with us. But other than that moment I really don't remember him doing much of note?

It's tough to award a man of the match in a game like that but my choice would probably have been Spence. He wasn't great from start to finish either, nobody was. But Spence probably had more good moments in the game than anybody. He won the free-kick which lead to the first goal and was involved in the build-up to the second ensuring we retained possession in their third of the pitch.

• Like 1

Thought Howson had a good second half. First half ball was bypassing him entirely but that's not really on him, that's the curse of being a midfielder in this team sometimes.

Second half he got hold of the ball a lot more and I thought played quite well.

Hasn't had the consistency recently that he usually does though, I agree there, he's had some rank bad games recently and some decent games too. Is unlike him, you can usually guarantee a 7 every week from Howson.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

One time Boro loanee Harold Moukoudi has scored 2 in 2 games in Ligue 1. St.Etienne are having a bit of a crap season, but he's been one of their better players so far.

For some reason I read that as herold goulon and thought surely not! Prompted me to look up where goulon is these days, in Malaysia apparently

• Haha 1

Used to wind up the opposition by lighting a Woodbine if he was having a quiet game...  ran across him a few times when I used to go to away games ..  had a "colourful" vocabulary, but always happy to mix with fans and got pleasure from the number of people that acknowledged him.

Old school Keeper with a real character. Legs like matchsticks but agile and really good at this level until Jim Platt came along in the early seventies to win the shirt from him. As with Downsouth he was the regular Boro Goalie when I first started watching the Boro at Ayresome Park. RIP.