• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

https://www.matchwornshirt.com/club/middlesbrough/634

I've probably missed this being posted on here but this is the link to the Boro shirts worn against Stoke City last weekend if anyone is interested in bidding.

Would be good if they did it as a raffle, instead of an auction. Money still goes to charity and it gives everyone a chance then, rather than just those with hundreds spare to spend on a football shirt. Even if they just did it for one or two of the shirts. 

Warnocks MOTM trophy raised thousands for charity with the raffle format. 

• Like 1
On 3/13/2020 at 8:57 PM, DanFromDownSouth said:

I think for the 2019/20 season we are looking at a loss of £25-30 Million.

That guess was pre-COVID. I sometimes know what I'm talking about.

19 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Thread from price of football on our accounts

• Like 1

Total losses of £206 million! I've been very critical of Steven Gibson's decision-making in recent years, but it's impossible to fault his commitment to what is effectively a basket case of a business at present.

These figures make me wonder how bad wages-to-income figures will be at less securely owned clubs? I'm sure Reading's W-I ratio was beyond 250 per cent a couple of seasons ago, and that was when they still had people hitch-hiking to their stadium.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Gate Receipts, Sponsorship and Merchandising combined are down roughly £4.3M on the 2018/19 season, you'd assume that is probably as a direct result of COVID.

I doubt it's the main factor, personally.

Those accounts only include 4 missing home matches, it only goes to June 2020 and Covid only impacted in March with 9 games of the season left before suspension.

We were having a really bad season and attendances were suffering.

Covid was definitely a factor, but I think the loss of parachute payments and a bad season are the main impact in those accounts.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Those accounts only include 4 missing home matches, it only goes to June 2020 and Covid only impacted in March with 9 games of the season left before suspension.

Covid was definitely a factor, but I think the loss of parachute payments and a bad season are the main impact in those accounts.

Sorry, my thinking was just looking period the accounts ran too June 2020, we "lost" 3 home games due to the season being postponed. So as a direct result of COVID we have only had 20 home games recorded 1st July 19 - 30th June 20, whereas the last accounts had 23 games recorded (if that makes sense?). Add on to that the fact that we had a home game that was played in the period but with zero fans. So we only had 19 home games with fans.

Looking at the average attendance of 19/20 it is a similar level to the 14/15 season. In that season our gate receipts stood at around £8m, but included in that figure was a play-off game and a game at Wembley (Those 2 games maybe equate to £2m being generous). So for 19/20 I would be expecting a figure of roughly £6m if the season was entirely finished within the accounting period and we had fans in. 

* League Home games.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think the bad season won't really have had that much of an impact. We weren't really seeing less fans in the stadium than what we'd have come to expect of us when were at this level, beyond the couple of great seasons under karanka. 

It's more likely the wages - we were still paying several players premier League level wages (friend, Clayton, shotton, gestede come to mind). Without the comfort of parachute payments that is bound to leave a big hole.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Total losses of £206 million! I've been very critical of Steven Gibson's decision-making in recent years, but it's impossible to fault his commitment to what is effectively a basket case of a business at present.

These figures make me wonder how bad wages-to-income figures will be at less securely owned clubs? I'm sure Reading's W-I ratio was beyond 250 per cent a couple of seasons ago, and that was when they still had people hitch-hiking to their stadium.

This is why I've been saying Gibson is probably happy for the club to just tread water for a while, until they can get the finances back to something resembling normality. Probably take a few seasons to recover from this fully, I'd have thought.

Those numbers look a lot scarier than I imagined.

• Like 2