• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, northern boro said:

Owing to the funeral of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh next Saturday's game at home to QPR will not take place at 3pm

Eh? So when will it take place?

35 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Owing to the funeral of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh next Saturday's game at home to QPR will not take place at 3pm

It may have been more apt if it read "Owing to the funeral of Football on Teesside next Saturday's game at home to QPR will not take place at all"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Earlier or later on the same day I'd imagine.  Ridiculous but hey ho.

Yeah seems funeral service will last approx 30mins with a 3pm start.

Therefore maybe games can kick off 4pm unless they want all kick offs at 12.30pm and completed by 3pm.

14 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Next Saturday's games could be played on Friday night to avoid clashing with HRH The Duke of Edinburgh's funeral

Hope it is Friday.

Benefits me, means it doesn't clash with my girlfriend's birthday and I can look like less of a ***. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Hope it is Friday.

Benefits me, means it doesn't clash with my girlfriend's birthday and I can look like less of a ***. 

Glad to see you've got your priorities sorted. 😁

Anyone else think it's shocking that NW doesn't know the names of the top lads in the u23s? And it's only now 2 or 3 will get a chance to train with the first team.

Agree. I know I've harped on about this before, but I don't see the point in having an academy if its main purpose is to churn out players for lower league teams to sign.

Boro were lauded for having one of the best academies in the country at one time and I do find it sad (and perplexing) that more youngsters apparently aren't good enough to take that final step into the first team.

Especially when you see some of the signings we've made over the last few years.

Edited by AnglianRed
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Nooooooo, 12:30pm on Saturday, that's even worse than it was.

Why are you even arsed about the game? It's completely meaningless.

47 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

You must be some kind of masochist!

Enjoy a meal out, it’s been a long time since ant of us have had the opportunity. 

Not a chance I'll be going out for a meal for a while. I went into the city centre for a prescription today and the place is bloody rammed. Seen the thing about a bar opening up at midnight last night in Huddersfield that had every table packed up for people going for drinks. I'd rather sit at home and watch the Boro and wait and see how the vaccine really copes with people coming out of isolation before I take that risk.