• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Hat trick by Coburn. 

I heard good things about the young striker Callum Kavanagh as well @Smogzilla. You seen much of him? Thoughts? 

Oh yes, Kavanagh has a huge amount of potential and a great attitude from what I'm told. Fingers crossed he develops well because we could have a real star there if things go right.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

All our goals were quality finishes, can't pick a favourite, Stott with another lovely finish too.

Some nice assists too. Coburn with a lovely hook pass to assist Kavanagh. Encouraging 👍👍👍

• Like 1

Hello,

Can someone assist me on a discussion i am having with a friend.

Was there a podcast that Stu Downing did with Schwarzer i think last year where he confirmed he fell out with Gibson towards end of his boro stay? He mentioned his father demanded a meeting with Gibson but the meeting never took place as Gibson had backtracked on a promise or something? 

10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Hello,

Was there a podcast that Stu Downing did with Schwarzer i think last year where he confirmed he fell out with Gibson towards end of his boro stay? He mentioned his father demanded a meeting with Gibson but the meeting never took place as Gibson had backtracked on a promise or something? 

I didn't listen to it but I thought it was more about him falling out with karanka? Though I'm not certain. 

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Hello,

13 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I didn't listen to it but I thought it was more about him falling out with karanka? Though I'm not certain. 

It was inclusive of the end of his Boro career, surrounding the contract situation which stopped Pulis from starting him, even bringing him on in the first half on occasion. He said something along the lines of having a gentleman's agreement for a new contract that led him to waiving the automatic increase to his salary so he could play again... then the new contract never came.

This is the podcast:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/stewart-downing-experience-we-chat-about-ups-downs/id1484297592?i=1000503117188

Yeah so clearly his dad and Gibson has a massive fall out given he refers to it as a “naughty conversation” and downing adds he not spoke to Gibson since.

All very odd that is going on in the same summer we are appointing the son in law/ brother in law.

58 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Another handy win for the u18s. 

That Pharrell Willis needs to be fast-tracked into the first team.  The amount of happy related puns available could keep the Gazette in business for years.  And me on here actually.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That Pharrell Willis needs to be fast-tracked into the first team.  The amount of happy related puns available could keep the Gazette in business for years.  And me on here actually.

We also have a player called Fenton John too, and that name brings me great joy.