oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

24 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We also have a player called Fenton John too, and that name brings me great joy.

The poor lad has his name written down as John Fenton every bloody week on the stats websites. Have to correct it every time 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Just now, Smogzilla said:

The poor lad has his name written down as John Fenton every bloody week on the stats websites. Have to correct it every time 🤣

Not a huge surprise when you have a first name for a surname and a surname for a first name!

Every time I read it I just want to yell FENTON, FENTON, JESUS CHRIST!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, Brunners said:

Not a huge surprise when you have a first name for a surname and a surname for a first name!

Every time I read it I just want to yell FENTON, FENTON, JESUS CHRIST!

I hope he makes it just to hear that being shouted at the Riverside on a regular basis. 

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, boro-unger said:

I hope he makes it just to hear that being shouted at the Riverside on a regular basis. 

"FENTON, FENTON...FENTON JOHN,

WHEN YA GONNA BRING HIM ON?"

15 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

This Fenton John, does he play the piano?

Nah, you're thinking of that Reg Dwight fella.

Mind you, when you're born Reginald Kenneth Dwight, Elton Hercules John is a big improvement. 😮

18 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Big win for a depleted u23 side in the play off hunt. Callum Kavanagh with a brace on his 1st start stepping up into that age group 

Reckon he can start for Ireland yet? Please?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just seen the training pics on official website. Still no NML which is a real shame as I wanted to see him last few games.

Pretty much same squad as v Rotherham and Sheff Wed. Coulson was back so will be added to bench i would imagine.

On 4/25/2021 at 9:37 AM, northern boro said:

All clubs will be boycotting all social media from 3pm on Friday 30th April to 11.59pm on Monday 3rd May

https://news.sky.com/story/english-football-announces-total-social-media-boycott-in-response-to-online-abuse-12286292

Thats really gonna show the trolls who's boss. 🙄

I mean I appreciate the sentiment behind it...but like taking the knee, its going to accomplish bog all.

Think its still up to the platforms to be more diligent and take stronger action to block or ban anyone posting abusive stuff. I'd even like to see heavy fines and prison sentences introduced for repeat offenders.

5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I mean I appreciate the sentiment behind it...but like taking the knee, its going to accomplish bog all.

Think its still up to the platforms to be more diligent and take stronger action to block or ban anyone posting abusive stuff. I'd even like to see heavy fines and prison sentences introduced for repeat offenders.

But not intended to show those absolute f**ktards who’s boss it’s intended to force the platform owners to take responsibility and create accountability for what you post. I’m sure a couple of clever algorithms or even proper registration process would catch and eliminate 90% of it. 
Also it was no great surprise to see how quickly the. EPL, FA and government can bring their full force to bear when their profits are under threat but when it comes to taking action in fighting online hate they’re just content with a shoulder patch, banner etc as they continue to kick the  can down the street.... Muppets 🤬

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/boro-urge-teesside-football-family-to-join-boycott

The message acknowledges it might not change anything. But then beyond the nuclear option, there's not a lot we can do as a club or as fans.

I think the platforms do their best with the resources they have to manage the accounts using it but any computer-literate person could create a new anonymous Twitter account in less than a minute. So its their own policies that mean that aspect of it is failing. I'm also pretty sure fines and prison sentences would come if platforms like Twitter actually had information to pass onto authorities in the case of violating its terms of service. As it is, they don't because they don't request it at all from users. It relies on users divulging too much of their identity, essentially.

I think a balance needs to be kept for people's privacy, though. There are plenty who use Twitter who won't want to divulge their information for good reason, too. Introducing a layer of authenticity behind that might make things difficult for them. It'd be interesting to see the drop-off of bots if Twitter had to enforce an owner onto them, though.

• Like 1