oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Boro u18s won again this afternoon. A 3-1 win over Stoke, sealing 4th place in the league.

Callum Kavanagh scored another brace. Luke Woolston with the other.

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Boro u18s won again this afternoon. A 3-1 win over Stoke, sealing 4th place in the league.

Callum Kavanagh scored another brace. Luke Woolston with the other.

Kavanagh can't stop scoring. How is he physically?

19 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Kavanagh can't stop scoring. How is he physically?

Not the biggest but pretty well built. His games not really based on his physical attributes. Great on the ball and good natural instincts.

NW said in his pre match conference that “he has a very good feeling about one of our youngsters who has not even been involved yet”. I sense he was referring to Kavanagh.

19 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

NW said in his pre match conference that “he has a very good feeling about one of our youngsters who has not even been involved yet”. I sense he was referring to Kavanagh.

Hm based on what @Smogzillasaid I'm not so sure! Doesn't sound like a warnock striker. 

Maybe the young right back?

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Hm based on what @Smogzillasaid I'm not so sure! Doesn't sound like a warnock striker. 

He sounds like he could be a bit like Watmore who nobody would have likened to a Warnock striker either.

8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Dodds? Yeah surprised NW not had him involved in squad given at what point Dijksteel, Fisher and Spence were all missing. Think it was v Rotherham.

15 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

In terms of playing style, he reminds me a bit of Robbie Keane (I'm not just saying that because he's Irish - I promise! 🤣)

I hope he goes on to get even half the goals for Ireland that Robbie Keane got 

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

I hope he goes on to get even half the goals for Ireland that Robbie Keane got 

Even a third would be good! Considering our 2nd top scorer has less than a third of the goals Robbie got

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Even a third would be good! Considering our 2nd top scorer has less than a third of the goals Robbie got

Yes but I’m being greedy 😃

• Thanks 1

there are a few lads that they have hopes for including Willis, Stott and that John Fenton     🙂 ..  and they are fast tracking a couple of U16's up to next level  

30 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

there are a few lads that they have hopes for including Willis, Stott and that John Fenton     🙂 ..  and they are fast tracking a couple of U16's up to next level  

All we need now is a manager willing to select them, and a club set up that creates a clear pathway to, and encourages youngsters into, our first team.

Yup...  and then the "supporters" can rip them to shreds every time they make a mistake ...  we do OK compared to Man City ..  would rather they are being fed in a little bit at a time rather than thrown to the lions...  yes, I would like to see them on the pitch longer, but last year Fry, Tav, Bola, Dijksteel and Wing all got slated every time they made an error and we have a manager who has his faults but he is obviously trying to improve things and sometimes that takes time...  some will never like him but if I had to pick one out of the last five...  it would be him  

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Yup...  and then the "supporters" can rip them to shreds every time they make a mistake ...  we do OK compared to Man City ..  would rather they are being fed in a little bit at a time rather than thrown to the lions...  yes, I would like to see them on the pitch longer, but last year Fry, Tav, Bola, Dijksteel and Wing all got slated every time they made an error and we have a manager who has his faults but he is obviously trying to improve things and sometimes that takes time...  some will never like him but if I had to pick one out of the last five...  it would be him  

Something that would have been happening this season had there been fans at the Riverside, and would have been happening to various players.  I'm not sure who the manager is will ever change that.