• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Making a decision now that NW is remaining for say another two or three seasons and that GF will succeed him as the next Manager is at least is a plan offering stability and organisation. One that allows us to stop going from one extreme to the other, evolution rather than the constant revolution. Friend's preferred style may not be Warnock's and that's not particularly a bad thing as it allows a planned transition while attending to the immediacy of now.

That would be a sensible plan, were it not for the chilling prospect of Jepson and/or Blackwell taking over when NW calls it a day.

I was thinking Friend would be a good candidate if and when Gibson decides he wants someone more forward-thinking in charge. I'd guess George would be a frustrated understudy as long as the club continues on its current path. He might be better off doing his apprenticeship elsewhere, before returning to the Riverside as the prodigal son.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, boro-unger said:

Can't believe it's was 5 years ago today we were promoted. Time flies! That was a good day. Best atmosphere I've ever experienced at a game. 

Yes I agree with that. The atmosphere was unbelievable that day. I think I recall Ian Holloway describing the atmosphere as so intense it was almost unfair on Brighton 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Justice may yet be served!

No doubt Derby will appeal, but hopefully the EFL have built a good case against them.

Can't believe they have yet another potential buyer. Although it doesn't bode well that apparently he wants to cover the club's losses by refinancing the stadium.

Someone who wants to avoid spending their own money if they can help it doesn't send out the best signals. Shrewd business practice, but not the kind of person you want to bail out a club that is struggling to pay its players.

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

If this is true, Derby probably won't even get any deduction halved upon appeal. Seems like the EFL are really going to go after them.

6 hours ago, TLF10 said:

There's very little chance of Derby getting a massive points deduction, and the article doesn't make any sense at all either.  It's been written by someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.

'but the current EFL dispute as mentioned above hones in on the Spaniard reportedly looking to refinance Pride Park to ‘cover losses’,'

The current EFL dispute isn't a current dispute at all, and it has absolutely nothing to do with Erik Alonso, his prospective takeover of the club, how he intends to finance it, or covering losses, whatever that last bit even means.

The EFL appealed one part of all of the previous issues, and that was to do with how the player registrations were amortised in their accounts.  In essence, it's about how they dealt with the transfer fees in their accounts.  It appears that they changed their method, almost certainly to try and gain some advantage of course, but either didn't make it clear or were basically inaccurate in how it was done.  This is the only part that the EFL have appealed, the stuff regarding the stadium sale has not been appealed.  This is important because it was the stadium sale that had the biggest impact on the accounts, and Derby's ability to clear FFP.  The larger the amount you fail FFP by, the greater the punishment will be.  These accountancy changes would amount to fairly small differences in terms FFP, so the punishment is unlikely to be a large points deduction.  Maybe they'll try and take a couple of points off them or some kind of fine.  But that's only if the appeals panel actually does find in the EFL's favour anyway.

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

The forum have any thoughts on Warnock using the clubs press conference recently to air his political views?

I wasn;t a fan, especially considering that the true heros for the sussceful distribution of vaccines are the NHS, not Boris

21 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

I wasn;t a fan, especially considering that the true heros for the sussceful distribution of vaccines are the NHS, not Boris

I wasn’t a fan of the content particularly but he shouldn’t be using official channels to air his own political views imo. He should stick to his mandate.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Humpty said:

The forum have any thoughts on Warnock using the clubs press conference recently to air his political views?

Didn't really want to bring it up because I didn't want to start a political discussion on here.

But it's embarassing, unprofessional and completely expected. He's done it before at other clubs, doesn't give a damn that he might be alienating half of the fan base. One of the major reasons I didn't want him here in the first place and id actually been pleasently surprised that he'd not gone there. Till now