oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

31 minutes ago, Humpty said:

The forum have any thoughts on Warnock using the clubs press conference recently to air his political views?

It's not on tbh, he can have whatever political views he wants but whilst representing the club in any kind of official capacity they shouldn't be aired.

• Like 2
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

It probably won't amount to much regarding Derby. There certainly won't be a points deduction this season and if they are given one for next season I very much doubt that it's going to be more than the 6 Wednesday got. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Humpty said:

The forum have any thoughts on Warnock using the clubs press conference recently to air his political views?

He did it before at Cardiff in regards to Brexit so I’m not really shocked or bothered.

Any self respecting Boro fan shouldn’t care what a guy who will only be in charge of the club for 2 years thinks, especially when the owner is pretty vocal about which party he supports. The one that isn’t necessarily that popular in the area.

Football is more important than politics ❤️

2 minutes ago, Ogbeche173 said:

He did it before at Cardiff in regards to Brexit so I’m not really shocked or bothered.

Any self respecting Boro fan shouldn’t care what a guy who will only be in charge of the club for 2 years thinks, especially when the owner is pretty vocal about which party he supports. The one that isn’t necessarily that popular in the area.

He can hold whatever views he wants but airing them in a press conference is unprofessional and unnecessarily divisive. 

Your last comment assumes you can easily divide the two. I would strongly argue that is not possible - see the European super league for a prime example

13 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Pretty unprofessional 
absolute melon
i miss when he wasn’t our manager and I could just laugh at everything he does

Hardly inflammatory comments but I do agree... Just keep your political views to yourself. Like everyone else does when they're working.

Focus on not getting smashed 3-0 at home by relegated Wycombe. 

• Like 2

Absolutely zero f**ks given about what he said. If you are the type of person that rates  another on their  mainstream political stand point they hold it sounds like a you problem to me. 
Yes I believe the NHS/MOD are the driving force behind the vaccine rollout success. But if it was a failure it wouldn’t be them taking the criticism it works 100% be Boris so he deserves a bit of the credit

Now the He shouldn’t use his/Boro’s  platform to air potentially divisive views does hold water and I can see it irking some. But for me... meh. Also it would be interesting to hear what he was asked that lead to his response. He may of freely offered it up but just going on that clip (I haven’t seen the whole interview) it’s such a non event in my book

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Pretty unprofessional 
absolute melon
i miss when he wasn’t our manager and I could just laugh at everything he does

I was wondering how it came to that, found it as the last few minutes of the Wycombe pre-match conference. Wondered what the question was that lead to him doing that, apparently the same as @Uwe above!

It all came from the last question which asked him if he'd go on a foreign holiday to unwind. After saying no, how he'll be staying in the UK and perhaps sticking in the local area for some days out, he goes on to mention the travel firms who have lost out during the pandemic and then goes on to say this segment above...

32 minutes ago, Ogbeche173 said:

...and to be fair, what has he said beyond, as Ogbeche says here, what Steve Gibson has said in public before? I don't think this is any worse than Gibson sending letters round Stockton South to ask them to vote for James Wharton, I don't think it's even close to be honest. Is it alright for Gibson to use his position to influence votes in the run-up to an election? The letter did come from him as a person and not the club but the link is pretty synonymous, especially given he mentioned it in the letter.

I'm not saying what Warnock's done is fine, mind. He's managed to take a question about a holiday from the media and turn it into a political opinion for a start, surely he's advised against that, not that I imagine he cares much for that  media training. I'm glad he's not a boring *** in interviews but the training isn't all for naught.

And the immediate thing that comes to mind given the recent elections is when did this conference actually take place? The votes were Thursday, the timestamp on the Boro site says Friday morning. I think it's irresponsible at least for the club to be pushing political allegiances of its employees out into the press but that problem becomes worse around election days. You just have to look at the source of this video on Twitter for that; it's come from an MP closer to the other end of the country.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Absolutely zero f**ks given about what he said. If you are the type of person that rates  another on their  mainstream political stand point they hold it sounds like a you problem to me. 
Yes I believe the NHS/MOD are the driving force behind the vaccine rollout success. But if it was a failure it wouldn’t be them taking the criticism it works 100% be Boris so he deserves a bit of the credit

Now the He shouldn’t use his/Boro’s  platform to air potentially divisive views does hold water and I can see it irking some. But for me... meh. Also it would be interesting to hear what he was asked that lead to his response. He may of freely offered it up but just going on that clip (I haven’t seen the whole interview) it’s such a non event in my book

UNPOPULAR OPINION WARNING!

I actually like it when people give genuine opinions on things that aren't necessarily related to their job. Otherwise they just come across as dull, corporate drones.

I mean if its in their contract that they mustn't do or say anything that could remotely be construed as controversial, then fair enough.

But if they have freedom to speak their mind - let them do it. Agree that while Boris hasn't personally developed and distributed the vaccine, he would definitely be copping the flak if it hadn't proven a success. 

I also personally couldn't care less if he'd got Nick Knowles and the Changing Rooms crew to re-do his flat. That is so far down the list of the country's priorities right now. Which is probably why Labour lost out again to the Tories. They were so fixated on painting them as sleazy and corrupt that they forgot to tell voters what their policies were. 😂

• Like 6

I don't like Boris at all but I don't think anybody else in his position would have actually done much different in terms of the pandemic. The world over, nobody was willing to take the potential effect of a pandemic seriously enough to legitimately prepare for it so anybody in his seat would have been making it up as they went along. Our leaders should know better but I'm guessing our potential leaders should too.

The flat thing might seem daft but that's just because people are talking about the renovations themselves for the most part. The grander issue is not about a flat, it's not about 'criticising him for having some bloody wallpaper' as Warnock spouted. It's about the money, how he got it and what rules he may have broken in taking it. Those rules aren't in place to stop the PM from renovating his flat but it raises the question of what donations he's willing to take and use without disclosing them. It is absolutely something our opposition parties should challenge.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't like Boris at all but I don't think anybody else in his position would have actually done much different in terms of the pandemic. The world over, nobody was willing to take the potential effect of a pandemic seriously enough to legitimately prepare for it so anybody in his seat would have been making it up as they went along. Our leaders should know better but I'm guessing our potential leaders should too.

The flat thing might seem daft but that's just because people are talking about the renovations themselves for the most part. The grander issue is not about a flat, it's not about 'criticising him for having some bloody wallpaper' as Warnock spouted. It's about the money, how he got it and what rules he may have broken in taking it. Those rules aren't in place to stop the PM from renovating his flat but it raises the question of what donations he's willing to take and use without disclosing them. It is absolutely something our opposition parties should challenge.

can't agree with this bit, the countries that were willing to take the tough decisions at the outset, where the ones who had a plan.

the rest, agree, it's not about wallpaper, it's how he got the funds 

• Like 2