• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

https://www.sporcle.com/games/MiddlesbroughFC/boro-players-at-the-riverside

How does everyone do on this new test by Boro?

I rather embarrassingly didn't even crack 50% and there are a LOT of players that I absolutely should have known but completely blanked on. How do you do?

I got 122, 20 minutes just isn't enough time, was too focused on the clock to focus on thinking.

Most irritated by the fact I missed Boateng and more embarrassingly Duncan Watmore, Mendez-Laing and Tavernier.

The rest of my misses I can forgive, but they're just brain freezes.

11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I got 122, 20 minutes just isn't enough time, was too focused on the clock to focus on thinking.

Most irritated by the fact I missed Boateng and more embarrassingly Duncan Watmore, Mendez-Laing and Tavernier.

The rest of my misses I can forgive, but they're just brain freezes.

I missed an annoying number of players from those early 00's teams that I really should have got.

I got 140 in the end. I lost my train of thought after a meeting so I restarted half way through and even managed to miss some I got in the first run. 🤪

So many on the list I'd forgot. 7 of them from this season in the end. So many from seasons I should have remembered. So many I could picture in my head but not name. So many young lads who got so few chances. So many who played the odd game on loan. I had the Argentinian midfielder with 2 appearances in my head for ages, I knew the letter it started with but I couldn't finish it. The Luxembourg player too, I knew who it was, turns out I had the wrong starting letter for his surname so I was never gonna get it.

The only 2 players I missed with over 100 apps at the Riverside were before I started following the Boro properly. I obviously know them and their names now but I don't think I had nearly enough information to remember them. I'd have liked it if it had their active seasons at Boro too as clues, might have got a few more then.

20 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

167. That was hard. Total mind blank with 12 minutes left. Must have got about 5 in last ten mins lol

That's still pretty impressive though mate!

40 minutes ago, Brunners said:

That's still pretty impressive though mate!

i messed up at the beginning just guessing players then i tried to think of the ones in order from the early days. Clock just seems to speed up 

4 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

i messed up at the beginning just guessing players then i tried to think of the ones in order from the early days. Clock just seems to speed up 

Eventually i just started guessing popular UK surnames 😄

224 but ran out of time 🤦‍♂️

It felt like I spent 5 mins just trying to remember Mark Summerbell's name, which wouldn't be so bad but he wasn't the person I was even trying to remember.  I was actually thinking about Steve Baker and the League Cup semi final against Liverpool when he did that man-marking job on Steve McManaman.  I think Summerbell was the lad who was going out with one of Robson's daughters while he was playing for us?  Quite a few I didn't get from the last 5 years or so really.  Didn't even get a couple from the current squad 🤭

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Brunners said:

https://www.sporcle.com/games/MiddlesbroughFC/boro-players-at-the-riverside

How does everyone do on this new test by Boro?

I rather embarrassingly didn't even crack 50% and there are a LOT of players that I absolutely should have known but completely blanked on. How do you do?

I managed a grand total of 58, just going from memory. Could probably have got a fair few more, but 20 minutes isn't nearly enough time for me to rack my brains. I'd probably need a few hours at least.