• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Brunners, your post there is libellous, mate.  You should remove it.

Actually I don't believe it is. Unless you can objectively believe Peter Ridsdale would accept a £20 bribe, I think it's pretty obvious I was being facetious.

Think you would have a real hard time proving defamation on that one.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Actually I don't believe it is. Unless you can objectively believe Peter Ridsdale would accept a £20 bribe, I think it's pretty obvious I was being facetious.

Think you would have a real hard time proving defamation on that one.

No, you wouldn't.  You have named the person, you've suggested something that would injure his reputation (that he takes bribes), you printed it and you don't get to say you were just being facetious, as your intent is irrelevant.  

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, you wouldn't.  You have named the person, you've suggested something that would injure his reputation (that he takes bribes), you printed it and you don't get to say you were just being facetious, as your intent is irrelevant.  

"whether the statement was a view that a reasonable person could have held"

I don't think a reasonable person could hold the belief that Peter Ridsdale would accept a £20 bribe. There we go, moving on.

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

But Brunners did, which is what is libellous.  You see?

I do see, but the fact that he has a documented history of illegal behaviour coupled with the clear facetiousness of Brunners' statement (£20, really?) means a lawsuit is highly unlikely to either 

a) be launched

b) actually succeed

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The amount is irrelevant.  It's the action that is relevant.  I won't post again though as you know guys know best 👍

You're just looking for an argument. Also the amount *is* relevant, one could argue that such a small amount in the statement could be defended as satire.

55 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The amount is irrelevant.  It's the action that is relevant.  I won't post again though as you know guys know best 👍

Please let this be true 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1