oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

1 hour ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Hernandez looking very sharp, twists poor Jonny boy inside out at the end of that video 

Poor Jonny should get Onel to pay for the ankle surgery he needs after that.

1 hour ago, BearSmog said:

What little I saw of Payero he definitely looks a little lost /off the pace... 

You see him for like 10 seconds and he makes like two passes I don't really know how you can draw that assumption from the footage we saw there.

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Assume no fisher either? Did we ever get an update on what the craic is with him?

I don't think we ever had anything concrete beyond the club confirming it was season ending. Likely suggests ACL as it was a knee that a friend totally just fell on while he totally wasn't doing something he shouldn't be doing.

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

I was interested to see that someone else noticed that Payero was not really A1.  He looked very lost almost nervous or confused and that was just in the warm up.  Tav has been spoken to / about his lack of enthusiasm as a warm up artist but Payero shows all the same signs.

The other man who stood out for the wrong reasons was Malley - weak,  letting people run past him or "hiding" away from the ball.

These are two young players who are perhaps shy and may be in need of more help than they are getting.  Connor may have that sort of personality and maybe Payero is just in need of a lot of tlc.  ( homesickness does exist)

6 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

I was interested to see that someone else noticed that Payero was not really A1.  He looked very lost almost nervous or confused and that was just in the warm up.  Tav has been spoken to / about his lack of enthusiasm as a warm up artist but Payero shows all the same signs.

The other man who stood out for the wrong reasons was Malley - weak,  letting people run past him or "hiding" away from the ball.

These are two young players who are perhaps shy and may be in need of more help than they are getting.  Connor may have that sort of personality and maybe Payero is just in need of a lot of tlc.  ( homesickness does exist)

I find it incredible that people can pull these thoughts from like 10 seconds of footage.

• Like 3
Just now, Brunners said:

I find it incredible that people can pull these thoughts from like 10 seconds of footage.

Agree with this. A couple of seconds is all Payero was shown. Conclusion cannot be drawn from such a short timeframe 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

I agree with your sentiments. He lacked conviction and didn’t really show much desire to get on the ball. As a midfielder in games and training I couldn’t get enough of the ball, I’d be demanding it. Compare and contrast with Crooks and Howson. Great examples of midfield fulcrums that demand the ball. I’m sure Payero is just settling in and finding his place. I had hoped he’d have more confidence than this mind. He’ll find his feet eventually.

17 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Especially when from what i've been told, in the u-23 game he played he was shouting instructions to his teammates and demanding the ball.

I didn't watch the Blackpool debacle so I can't comment, but apparently he was the same in that match?

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Straight into it

Uche hasn't half got some quick feet I was mistaking him for Jones and then realised the size of him... Also he belted a 20 yard shot in with his weak foot. Reminds me of a young me 🤠

11 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Especially when from what i've been told, in the u-23 game he played he was shouting instructions to his teammates and demanding the ball.

I didn't watch the Blackpool debacle so I can't comment, but apparently he was the same in that match?

And supposedly he was crunching into tackles too. Doesn't really sound like someone unsure of themselves does it...

I'm quite happy for you to dismiss my thoughts and it may be nothing more than they are unenthusiastic trainers.  However these things will not be lost on those who see them day in and day out.   It becomes important when the pressure ramps up in games.  They know that and that is why the Management Team watch training carefully before selecting the side to play in the next game

I don't expect all to have an eye that is as keen as mine on movement.  I just thought that my contribution might be helpful

• Like 1

Sorry when you go abroad do you not at least make sure you know the native language for some important things like "hospital" "taxi" and "bank"?

It's mad that you seem to think because he's not fluent in English that he doesn't understand any of it

Just now, Rishworthian said:

I'm quite happy for you to dismiss my thoughts and it may be nothing more than they are unenthusiastic trainers.  However these things will not be lost on those who see them day in and day out.   It becomes important when the pressure ramps up in games.  They know that and that is why the Management Team watch training carefully before selecting the side to play in the next game

I don't expect all to have an eye that is as keen as mine on movement.  I just thought that my contribution might be helpful

mate it's a 10 second clip

• Haha 1
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Sorry when you go abroad do you not at least make sure you know the native language for some important things like "hospital" "taxi" and "bank"?

It's mad that you seem to think because he's not fluent in English that he doesn't understand any of it

Not to mention he's been taking English lessons since he signed, so you would hope he had picked up a few important bits by now.

• Like 1