oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Not much tolerance for others opinions at the moment. It’s Friday. Weekend ahead all 👍🏻

Not that you will see this but come on.

All that has happened is some people have had a different opinion to yours. No one has told you you can't have that opinion, nor has anyone told you your opinion is wrong.

People have explained why they believe it's not fair on Payero to hold that opinion though, and that is totally valid.

Apparently there's not much tolerance for anyone holding a different opinion to yours.

• Wow 1
  • Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Not to mention he's been taking English lessons since he signed, so you would hope he had picked up a few important bits by now.

Like "Parmo", Linthorpe Road", "Yer Jokin arn't yer", "Perple Shert", "Garlic Sauce", "Bongo", "Kebab", "Mint like", "Ye know worra mean like". all the really important stuff to get by in his digs in Parliament Road while dreaming of home.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

Like "Parmo", Linthorpe Road", "Yer Jokin arn't yer", "Perple Shert", "Garlic Sauce", "Bongo", "Kebab", "Mint like", "Ye know worra mean like". all the really important stuff to get by in his digs in Parliament Road while dreaming of home.

Yes he definitely needs to know "know what I mean" so he can figure out when Warnock has finished a sentence.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Hernandez looking very sharp, twists poor Jonny boy inside out at the end of that video 

18 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Straight into it

Assume these opinions are irrelevant as well then? 

4 minutes ago, Weasel said:

People judging someones character, work rate and training standards by a 10 second clip is one of the most tinfoil hat things I've seen on here.

Kind of feels like they're setting up to defend Warnock for if he continues to not give him minutes doesn't it?

• Like 3

No because the 2nd one isn't even opinion, just saying he was straight into training

the first one is just a fact, he does twist Jonny into a pretzel at the end and he did look sharp doing it.

Next.

• Like 1

We can all see the same things, we just don't all put much worth into 9 minutes of training footage that comes in dribs and drabs from one bloody morning session. Christ alive. It's amazing how people can watch that little footage and still home in on minor examples to fit a narrative and make it into a talking point. Especially when we've seen so little of some of these players, to create a negative narrative of someone, what exactly are you hoping to gain right now?

But for what it's worth as well, yeah, Hernandez doing something good doesn't make a jot of difference to anything we can actually judge right now either. If he doesn't do it in a game against opposition defenders, why would it matter he does it to Jonny Howson? It doesn't.

So no, neither are valid assumptions of what kind of players they will be for us but I can understand why the more positively inclined, those getting excited to see players in action want to home in on the positives. So what does that say for anybody who does the opposite I wonder? 🤔

• Like 2
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

We can all see the same things, we just don't all put much worth into 9 minutes of training footage that comes in dribs and drabs from one bloody morning session. Christ alive. It's amazing how people can watch that little footage and still home in on minor examples to fit a narrative and make it into a talking point. Especially when we've seen so little of some of these players, to create a negative narrative of someone, what exactly are you hoping to gain right now?

But for what it's worth as well, yeah, Hernandez doing something good doesn't make a jot of difference to anything we can actually judge right now either. If he doesn't do it in a game against opposition defenders, why would it matter he does it to Jonny Howson? It doesn't.

So no, neither are valid assumptions of what kind of players they will be for us but I can understand why the more positively inclined, those getting excited to see players in action want to home in on the positives. So what does that say for anybody who does the opposite I wonder? 🤔

Also at least Hernandez actually did something that made someone make a comment like that.

yes it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things if he doesn't do it in a game, but he did something in this footage that made someone excited.

Payero gets slated for looking off the pace when he gets about 10 seconds of screen time and does nothing good or bad in that time. He's just training, half the squad looked exactly the same as him IMO.

16 hours ago, Brunners said:
17 hours ago, BearSmog said:

What little I saw of Payero he definitely looks a little lost /off the pace... 

You see him for like 10 seconds and he makes like two passes I don't really know how you can draw that assumption from the footage we saw there.

I totally understand that it's not a huge sample size, it was just my throwaway opinion based on a comparison with what I saw from the other players. It just seems to add a little credence to Warnock's view that he isn't quite up to speed yet. I could be (and probably am) wrong, but it was just my opinion.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Humpty said:

I agree with your sentiments. He lacked conviction and didn’t really show much desire to get on the ball. As a midfielder in games and training I couldn’t get enough of the ball, I’d be demanding it. Compare and contrast with Crooks and Howson. Great examples of midfield fulcrums that demand the ball. I’m sure Payero is just settling in and finding his place. I had hoped he’d have more confidence than this mind. He’ll find his feet eventually.

😂 Hence your glistening career for Dog and Duck FC

• Haha 5