oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

During the few glimpses we've had of Payero, I think he has done well enough, takes up good positions, gets stuck in and shows himself for a pass. The fact that he has picked up two bookings might mean he is a little off the pace, but could also be the standard of refereeing that he will have to get used to. Hopefully he settles because from the little I have seen on You Tube and at the games, he could become a very good player for us. Not everybody has a start like Rava or Bernie, but if we give him the chance, I think he will come good (no Smog Dane allusions). We have a squad that gives us options in most areas and if we can get the best out of them, if nothing else, it will be more fun going and watching them, not aaaaarrd work. UTB! 

• Like 4
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Nah got a pin holding my leg together unfortunately but nice one 👍🏻

If that is meant to make me feel bad for a lighthearted joke, it hasn't 👍

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

We can all see the same things, we just don't all put much worth into 9 minutes of training footage that comes in dribs and drabs from one bloody morning session. Christ alive. It's amazing how people can watch that little footage and still home in on minor examples to fit a narrative and make it into a talking point. Especially when we've seen so little of some of these players, to create a negative narrative of someone, what exactly are you hoping to gain right now?

But for what it's worth as well, yeah, Hernandez doing something good doesn't make a jot of difference to anything we can actually judge right now either. If he doesn't do it in a game against opposition defenders, why would it matter he does it to Jonny Howson? It doesn't.

So no, neither are valid assumptions of what kind of players they will be for us but I can understand why the more positively inclined, those getting excited to see players in action want to home in on the positives. So what does that say for anybody who does the opposite I wonder? 🤔

100% agree. Lets wait and see how they perform in competitive matches.

• Like 1

He’s played in two competitive games so far. So it’s not like we’ve literally made a snap judgement on the rest of his career based on 10 seconds. The 10 seconds backs up what we’ve seen on the pitch so far. None of which is unexpected. He’s a work in progress and he’s got some adjusting to do. 

2 minutes ago, Humpty said:

He’s played in two competitive games so far. So it’s not like we’ve literally made a snap judgement on the rest of his career based on 10 seconds. The 10 seconds backs up what we’ve seen on the pitch so far. None of which is unexpected. He’s a work in progress and he’s got some adjusting to do. 

no it doesn't

• Haha 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20210903-120142_Instagram.thumb.jpg.22247f2314d0a0e03c4ed96cb077979b.jpg

Look at the lazy *** on his phone, pretending he knows English words.

Even forcing our English lads to learn his language, who is this prima donna?

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It doesn't though, does it? It's a ridiculous statement to make and further proof of you moving the goalposts to suit whatever insane point you're trying to make!

Like I said it compounds what we already know and what Warnock’s told us. Don’t worry about it.

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20210903-120142_Instagram.thumb.jpg.22247f2314d0a0e03c4ed96cb077979b.jpg

Look at the lazy *** on his phone, pretending he knows enough English words to communicate. 👀

So is this Payero screenshotting Browne taking a picture of Payero? Just want to make sure I've got the order correct.