• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-fc/exclusive-sam-morsy-opens-up-on-his-middlesbrough-exit-championship-loan-offers-and-ipswich-town-move-3371440

"When asked if he spoke to Warnock about leaving, Morsy replies: “Basically it was a decision from upstairs really, a decision over him.

“There is a lot of transition going on at the club at the minute, a new director of football and lots of change really.

“I was the first casualty of the regime really."

• Thanks 2
54 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-fc/exclusive-sam-morsy-opens-up-on-his-middlesbrough-exit-championship-loan-offers-and-ipswich-town-move-3371440

"When asked if he spoke to Warnock about leaving, Morsy replies: “Basically it was a decision from upstairs really, a decision over him.

“There is a lot of transition going on at the club at the minute, a new director of football and lots of change really.

“I was the first casualty of the regime really."

Music to my ears that Scott is able to pull rank on a manager who will be gone at the end of the season (if not sooner).

• Like 4

There a drop of sadness reading that article on Morsy. He seems genuinely gutted to be leaving us.

As fans we all want players who love playing for our club in the way we would love it and we seemed to have that.

However, from a football side the sale does makes sense. Morsy was a honest pro but I feel Siliki offers more than him.

Hopefully Morsy finds at Ipswich what he found at Boro in terms of happiness and enjoyment. 

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Uwe said:

The term woke has transcended its original meaning (which of often the case) I don’t think there’s a sensible person in the country that thinks the racial injustices people of colour face should be dismissed. Racial abuse is abhorrent, as is being overlooked for jobs/positions due to your skin colour, gender or sexual orientation. These are real issues that we all have face up to and fight. 
I just can’t get behind things like 6yr old girls being told they can’t dress up as their favourite Disney Princess/character due to cultural appropriation, or that able bodied actors should never play disabled roles or the million other things that distract from real issues and struggles. 

I think the main issue is the way the Internet  is binary. You’re either for it or against it. No halfway no shades of grey just very black or white

That’s my take on it anyway 

Pretty much my take on it too.

Its gone from legitimate concerns about real problems, such as how police deal with ethnic minority suspects and football thugs monkey chanting, pelting players with stuff etc. to some sort of over-zealous witch hunt, where people look for absolutely any excuse to be outraged and offended.

As with the BLM movement, the core message is getting lost or obscured by lots of unimportant, or downright stupid stuff, which leads to people turning against causes that started out with very worthy objectives.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Music to my ears that Scott is able to pull rank on a manager who will be gone at the end of the season (if not sooner).

Yup, signing players the manager doesn't want is always the key to success.

What's the point in bringing in a manager with a proven record at getting promoted then changing our mind without even trying?

Payero and JLS are going to spend the season sat on the bench whilst Paddy, Howson, and Tav play in midfield.

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

There a drop of sadness reading that article on Morsy. He seems genuinely gutted to be leaving us.

As fans we all want players who love playing for our club in the way we would love it and we seemed to have that.

However, from a football side the sale does makes sense. Morsy was a honest pro but I feel Siliki offers more than him.

Hopefully Morsy finds at Ipswich what he found at Boro in terms of happiness and enjoyment. 

I doubt it, he has to go to Ipswich

29 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

What's the point in bringing in a manager with a proven record at getting promoted then changing our mind without even trying?

Payero and JLS are going to spend the season sat on the bench whilst Paddy, Howson, and Tav play in midfield.

We brought in Warnock to save us from inevitable relegation under Woodgate. He was a short-term fire-fighting option, and he was kept on because we had no money to spend during Covid and a safe pair of hands was necessary to steer us away from being relegation candidates.

Anyone who thinks Warnock was brought in to mastermind some sort of promotion effort with this group of players is way wide of the mark, in my opinion. He's a caretaker until Scott brings in the next long term plan.

1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

Yeah, signing players who end up not being wanted by the next boss is another fantastic way of achieving success, isn't it? That's why we've so consistently been in the Premier League recently. 🤪

Warnock came in for a year and a bit. In his first 8 games, he was successful, he took us away from the relegation picture. Fantastic.

Last year, he got his shot at taking us up and he didn't do it. Others will say he had to deal with x, y and z and that's why etc. but he only committed to a single year so absolutely, 100%, if he wanted to get promotion whilst he was here, he wanted to do it last year and he didn't. So when you say we changed our mind without even trying, that's completely untrue.

We are at the prequel to our next chapter right now, though. This isn't just Warnock's final hurdle, this is the beginning of something new for us. So if Warnock wants to take us up, he has to do it this season and with some players who might not suit how he thinks he gets the best out of a team but will hopefully suit where we're heading afterwards.

And he could be heralded as the boss who helped to ease us into that hopefully positive future if he works the likes of Payero and Siliki into the side and keeps getting the best out of Crooks and Uche. To put it in a way most Boro fans will understand, I don't think he perhaps realises he could be the Mowbray to our next Karanka. The guy who might not take us all the way to the promised land... but set the stall for something bigger.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Warnock has signed 23 players in 14 months and maybe 3 or them can be seen as non warnock players and even then it's just speculation. The excuses are all being lined up for when Warnock doesn't manage to get us promoted and it's all based on bullshit. Which fits well for his nature to be fair.

Edit - that's not to mention the fact that in addition to all of those signings, he inherited a large number of his favourites from the previous regime - fry, McNair, howson, dijksteel, tav, Bola - 6 nailed on starters already in place plus 23 more players. It drives me insane when people allude to warnock not being backed properly, he's been backed more consistently than probably any manager since Steve mcclaren. 

Bamford starts for England.. I won’t get it again but still can’t believe we sold him over others that were here..

Does anyone who knows for a fact know if we’re due anything in add-ons for this? 

Just now, DevKWat said:

Bamford starts for England.. I won’t get it again but still can’t believe we sold him over others that were here..

Does anyone who knows for a fact know if we’re due anything in add-ons for this? 

That's the rumour but not sure we've ever had anything confirmed either way.