oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

7 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

He was with us for a season when we were relegated where Pulis left him out a lot - he only started 23 games that season. 

It was Monk that left him out a lot, not Pulis.

He started 15 of Pulis' 22 league games in charge, and he only didn't start 3 of the other ones because he had a very bad concussion when Aden Flint knocked him out near the end of the season and Assombalonga scored in each of the next two games.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Bamford is an intelligent striker that like to play on the shoulder of the defender. Making runs through the lines getting onto well disguised through balls. Pulis wouldn’t have a fricken clue how to use that type of striker 😡

Yet he played better under pulis than he had the previous 3.5 years under other managers 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ABH said:

Yet he played better under pulis than he had the previous 3.5 years under other managers 

In spite of Pulis. 
(but I’m very blinkered because I’ve never disliked a bloke more that I do TP 🤪)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JonnyMFC said:

They had the chance to have him and let him slip though the net! Are you saying that he was more important to us than the others becaue we are a lower league team?  As stated the other 3 would have him right now so they have to see him as one that got away.

What I see is a man that came crying to us to take him, virtually begged us to help him out and then when the going got a bit tough for him he deserted us. Now I dont claim to know the ins and outs behind him leaving, some say he requested a transfer, some say he was pushed out, but what I do know is that sniffling liitle brat took his proverbial ball home when things didnt go his way and we made a few quid in the process!

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Can't believe this is an actual take by someone in real life that isn't some sort of bad satire.

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Thought that was a poor England debut by him against one of the worst tests in the world.

Thought he did alright, at the end of the day this is an England second team that for some reason refused to acknowledge any of the runs he made - and he made a number of good ones. When he did get a chance he had a couple good knock downs in the box. 

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It was Monk that left him out a lot, not Pulis.

He started 15 of Pulis' 22 league games in charge, and he only didn't start 3 of the other ones because he had a very bad concussion when Aden Flint knocked him out near the end of the season and Assombalonga scored in each of the next two games.

I think he started a fair few of them out wide though in fairness?  If I remember rightly, after Pulis took over it was Gestede who was his initially his first choice striker?  Then Assombalonga came into the side up front and Bamford was out on the left.  Bamford then went up front when Assombalonga got injured, and then as you say he had a concussion late on in the season.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DevKWat said:

Bamford starts for England.. I won’t get it again but still can’t believe we sold him over others that were here..

Does anyone who knows for a fact know if we’re due anything in add-ons for this? 

I don't know the answer to this but I believe that there was a loan taken out by the club against the Bamford transfer fee instalments, and I think there were due to be four instalments from Leeds, the last of which would have been received in January this year.  That charge is still open for some reason.  Which would mean we still owed the finance company money.

Edited by Changing Times
2 hours ago, JonnyMFC said:

They had the chance to have him and let him slip though the net! Are you saying that he was more important to us than the others becaue we are a lower league team?  As stated the other 3 would have him right now so they have to see him as one that got away.

What I see is a man that came crying to us to take him, virtually begged us to help him out and then when the going got a bit tough for him he deserted us. Now I dont claim to know the ins and outs behind him leaving, some say he requested a transfer, some say he was pushed out, but what I do know is that sniffling liitle brat took his proverbial ball home when things didnt go his way and we made a few quid in the process!

That entire second paragraph explains a lot, the only thing you haven't made up is the point about you not knowing the ins and outs of it. You're having no trouble forming an opinion from all that rubbish, though, clearly.

• Like 7
25 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

That entire second paragraph explains a lot, the only thing you haven't made up is the point about you not knowing the ins and outs of it. You're having no trouble forming an opinion from all that rubbish, though, clearly.

So your opinions are based soley on facts and nothing else? I wish I was so perfect.

47 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

So your opinions are based soley on facts and nothing else? I wish I was so perfect.

No, but my opinion isn't just based on nonsense, either. You've basically assassinated the lad's character based on absolutely nothing credible.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

No, but my opinion isn't just based on nonsense, either. You've basically assassinated the lad's character based on absolutely nothing credible.

On the contrary! If your opinion is not based on facts then it is fiction and fiction is something that is invented or untrue, this gives your opinion as much credibility as mine!

Anyway lets not bicker like children, opinions are like 4r$eholes, everyone has them and most of them stink!

11 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

On the contrary! If your opinion is not based on facts then it is fiction and fiction is something that is invented or untrue, this gives your opinion as much credibility as mine!

Anyway lets not bicker like children, opinions are like 4r$eholes, everyone has them and most of them stink!

Well, I'm not entirely sure it's quite that binary like...your opinion was a little...extreme, when there's very little, (to no) evidence to support it at all.

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Well, I'm not entirely sure it's quite that binary like...your opinion was a little...extreme, when there's very little, (to no) evidence to support it at all.

Which part of it do you think was extreme? The part where he came to us or the part where he left? or both?

Please feel free to correct me on the facts around either.....Everday is a school day and I love learning. 🙂

2 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Which part of it do you think was extreme? The part where he came to us or the part where he left? or both?

Please feel free to correct me on the facts around either.....Everday is a school day and I love learning. 🙂

The bold bits are a little over the top and not based in anything we know to be truth. This is what Wilson was getting at I think, that these parts of your opinion seem to be based on...well...nothing but your own dislike for the player.

you even admit he may have been pushed out; which if that was the case doesn't that sort of nullify everything you said? He would have neither taken his proverbial ball home, nor would he have deserted us.

Also, unless my memory is really bad, I don't believe your "virtually begged us to take him" take about his signing is based on anything that actually happened either, is it?

• Like 2