oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

8 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The bold bits are a little over the top and not based in anything we know to be truth. This is what Wilson was getting at I think, that these parts of your opinion seem to be based on...well...nothing but your own dislike for the player.

you even admit he may have been pushed out; which if that was the case doesn't that sort of nullify everything you said? He would have neither taken his proverbial ball home, nor would he have deserted us.

Also, unless my memory is really bad, I don't believe your "virtually begged us to take him" take about his signing is based on anything that actually happened either, is it?

OK, I can take critisism on the chin and my remarks around him leaving are purely made up, a complete fabrication generated inside my own little shell........We will probably never find out if he was pushed or walked, these things are rarely published, but if he walked then my reasoning for him doing so is as credible as the next.

I do however stand by the fact that he came crying to us and virtually begged us to take him! He was quoted as having discussions with Aitor

“After we played Burnley (on Boxing Day) I wasn’t in the squad so I saw Aitor after the game, had a good chat with him, and told him my intentions - that I wanted to come back to Middlesbrough.“I think my words were ‘please save me’, and he gave me a hug and a big smile and said ‘don’t worry, we’ll get it done’.

If that is not begging then im not sure what is!

Just for the record I liked him as a player, I just feel as though sometimes as fans we look at his time with us through rose tinted glasses due to the 2014–15 season.

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Just now, JonnyMFC said:

OK, I can take critisism on the chin and my remarks around him leaving are purely made up, a complete fabrication generated inside my own little shell........We will probably never find out if he was pushed or walked, these things are rarely published, but if he walked then my reasoning for him doing so is as credible as the next.

I do however stand by the fact that he came crying to us and virtually begged us to take him! He was quoted as having discussions with Aitor

“After we played Burnley (on Boxing Day) I wasn’t in the squad so I saw Aitor after the game, had a good chat with him, and told him my intentions - that I wanted to come back to Middlesbrough.“I think my words were ‘please save me’, and he gave me a hug and a big smile and said ‘don’t worry, we’ll get it done’.

If that is not begging then im not sure what is!

Just for the record I liked him as a player, I just feel as though sometimes as fans we look at his time with us through rose tinted glasses due to the 2014–15 season.

I stand corrected on the situation regarding his coming back to Boro then, fair enough.

In my opinion Bamford is arguably the best striker we've had at this club since relegation, with a small caveat for our year in the prem with Negredo cause he was awesome. So basically the best striker we've had at this club while in the Championship.

(Although I still believe had we used Stuani as a 9, I'd probably be saying he was our best striker because he was so horribly misused here IMO).

Maybe not a massive bar to clear to be fair considering some of the tripe we have put up top mind.

7 hours ago, Brunners said:

In my opinion Bamford is arguably the best striker we've had at this club since relegation, with a small caveat for our year in the prem with Negredo cause he was awesome. So basically the best striker we've had at this club while in the Championship.

(Although I still believe had we used Stuani as a 9, I'd probably be saying he was our best striker because he was so horribly misused here IMO).

Maybe not a massive bar to clear to be fair considering some of the tripe we have put up top mind.

192678.png

Look how sad you've made him. Look at his little face. LOOK AT IT.

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

192678.png

Look how sad you've made him. Look at his little face. LOOK AT IT.

Look I love Kike, I do - and I was very tempted to clarify this in my post too. I just don't think if we're talking best striker I can't see past Bamford. Kike was a grafter and a fan favourite, but Bamford is leagues above him, for me anyway!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I love Kike and i'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Despite looking like a middle-aged plasterer, he's only 31!

Whats wrong with middle -aged plasterers!! Blatant discrimination.Why not any other tradesmen, Ive seen painters,electricians & masons in there 30s  look  a lot more haggard than that!!

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Whats wrong with middle -aged plasterers!! Blatant discrimination.Why not any other tradesmen, Ive seen painters,electricians & masons in there 30s  look  a lot more haggard than that!!

Plasterer was the first trade that came to my mind - apologies to all the plasterers out there!

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Where do you see the team news? Any other interesting players? The new guys, Payero`?

Hernandez is the only new guy around atm isn't he? Sporar & JLS both still away with countries.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Hernandez is the only new guy around atm isn't he? Sporar & JLS both still away with countries.

I'm still counting Payero as the new guy because he needs time to bed in and get used to the domestic football. Could be usefull for him with 90 mins here. Still 5 days untill the next match.

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Where do you see the team news? Any other interesting players? The new guys, Payero`?

Saw it on twitter from somebody at the game.

Coburn, Malley and Olusanya are the only first teamers playing.