oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

16 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Just remembered a question a QPR fan asked me on way back to car the other week..  apparently "Pigbag" also used by them, but who was first? Suppose it doesn't really make a difference but is there any other music used by more than one club? 

Pigbag was first used at the Riverside in 1996, it was first used at QPR in 1998 so we had it first.

You'll Never Walk Alone is used by Celtic and Borussia Dortmund as well as Liverpool.

A bunch of teams have adopted that one.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Definitely sounds like Siliki is expecting this move to be permanent from his Instagram story.

Yeah. The article he linked suggests he will definitely be here permanently 

32 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Yeah. The article he linked suggests he will definitely be here permanently 

I think it is like the Wilson move to Fulham very much a buy we just prosponing the spend to next summer

From the translated reports in France it sounds like the conditions for triggering a permanent move were really simple. Like if he even looks at a football or farts in the direction of the pitch he would meet the clauses for a permanent contract 

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Sporar came on in 65th min. Think he got 30 odd mins in all the 3 international games this last week.

He practised his penalty misses though 😂 however I'm the belive he is here to litrerly be the pressing forward close down the opposition as Uche is abit slow due to his build and Watmore, Tav can't do it every game 

10 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

He practised his penalty misses though 😂 however I'm the belive he is here to litrerly be the pressing forward close down the opposition as Uche is abit slow due to his build and Watmore, Tav can't do it every game 

i dunno i think sporar will be the focal point who we try and get the ball to for the goals. he will be the no9 and uche his battering ram an old no10. slaven and baird lol.

though if we see that how the hell are we fitting in onel, jones, tav, siliki? siliki must be playing cm. i think we will be playing 433 mainly. with one wide forward and one narrow. 442 isnt out of the question either or 4321. looks like our new players are going to give us a variety of options. unbelievably we cant play a boring side now really. never even put crooks or watmore on them examples though crooks has been excellent so far. he can clearly slot in any formation to as can watmore. ameobi and browne to come back before to long. be shocked if we were not in the play offs. 

here a couple of variations i come up with:

---------------sporar

jones------------------uche

------siliki----howson----tav

---------------------------------------------------

---------------sporar

-------uche-------------hernandez

------siliki----howson----tav

---------------------------------------------------

---------------sporar

jones--------------------------tav

-----siliki----howson----payero

-------------------------------------------------

-----------------uche

hernandez--------------------------tav

--------siliki----paddy----payero

------------------------------------------------

-----------sporar----uche

jones--------------------------tav

----------siliki----howson----

------------------------------------------------

---------------sporar

jones--------payero-------hernandez

----------siliki-----tav----

• Like 1

5am  BT Sport 2  Big Match Revisited Ipswich v Boro from January 1975..  before Bobby Robson brought the Dutch lads over but they were a very useful team .. bunch of them were in "Escape to Victory" and a couple later signed for us..  sadly the result was as poor as their beer ..