• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I’m still dubious about whether Ikpeazu and Sporar are going to play together as a proper 2. 

I can’t see them playing together. Last season when we only had 2 strikers warnock rotated them

• Like 1

Exactly the reason I don’t them playing together. At least not regularly. That and the formation issues playing two up top presents; unless he plays Sporar as a deep 10 which I’m not sure he is.

I reckon NW wants a decent striker option on the bench, so in the majority of games he is probably going to start with just one of them. Currently the spot is Ikpeazu's to lose. Also fitting in players like Onel, Tav, Crooks and Jones doesn't really warrant starting with two strikers.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ABH said:

I can’t see them playing together. Last season when we only had 2 strikers warnock rotated them

Both strikers were pretty much the same, though. Neither of them really had a physical presence about them and I imagine both would have at best got in each others way and practically have us playing with 9/10 men on the pitch.

I don't think they'll start games together to be honest, at least not very often. But I wouldn't be shocked to see us chasing games and having both of them on.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Brunners said:

what.

Crooks has already been played there for that reason. He signed ameobi because he's a huge winger. I'm not saying that he's been signed as a winger, just that I expect to see him there a couple of times this season in the case of injuries. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Crooks has already been played there for that reason. He signed ameobi because he's a huge winger. I'm not saying that he's been signed as a winger, just that I expect to see him there a couple of times this season in the case of injuries. 

So he might play him there if he needs to because of injuries 

1 hour ago, ABH said:

So he might play him there if he needs to because of injuries 

And because I think he has the attributes that Warnock would feel are good for his style of play out there if he did have to put someone out there when our actual wingers are not available. 

This isn't a dig at warnock, I'm just saying that his style of play is to knock the ball long and high into the channels, that's fact. And it's also fact that he's put the largest player we have out on the wing, even though he's clearly not a winger, this season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

I just cannot see it.

I really like what I've seen of Ikpeazu this season but I doubt there'll be a slower player on the pitch when he's on.

He'd be a rubbish winger.

Ameobi has pace 

Uche isn’t that slow, especially when he gets going. He’s not agile, but in a straight line he takes some stopping. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

And because I think he has the attributes that Warnock would feel are good for his style of play out there if he did have to put someone out there when our actual wingers are not available. 

This isn't a dig at warnock, I'm just saying that his style of play is to knock the ball long and high into the channels, that's fact. And it's also fact that he's put the largest player we have out on the wing, even though he's clearly not a winger, this season.

I can see where you’re coming from but I don’t hope it gets to that. Denmark have used Andreas Cornelius on the wing in a front three a number of times for those reasons alone. It’s possible to knock a ball up there without him being marked by a big central defender. He usually wins his battle and keeps the ball and if the central defender moves out there it leaves a hole in the middle. He can also come in on the back post and win headers from crosses from the opposite wing. I’m not saying it’s pretty, but it’s certainly a possibility if you want to go direct and still keep it wide. 

• Like 1