• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

How are they doing? Any first teamers?

All youth today. Decent first half on balance. They've kept the returning Tyrese Campbell very quiet.

Sivi is struggling a bit with his full back, who looks top quality. Getting no change out of him at all.

In the next 6 to 10 games I think we will see a better team, I’m inferring to a team that’s beginning to work as a group, but I am not stating we will win every game, just that the team will communicate better collectively, Why, well based on Tuckman stages of development. It’s just one of many references learnt in Project Management courses and one I can relate to… 

The forming–storming–norming–performing model of group development was first proposed by Bruce Tuckman in 1965,[1] who said that these phases are all necessary and inevitable in order for a team to grow, face up to challenges, tackle problems, find solutions, plan work, and deliver results. As Tuckman knew these inevitable phases were critical to team growth and development, he hypothesized that along with these factors that interpersonal relationships and task activity would enhance the four-stage model that is needed to successfully navigate and create and effective group function. [2]

11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Leadboots has announced his retirement from football, happy retirement Grant:

That's a great photo of Grant. He was a brilliant servant to the club, especially considering his Sunderland affiliations.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him remain in football in some capacity - maybe a youth coach or academy supervisor. He's got the exact attitude you'd want to imbue into the next generation of footballers.

• Like 1

Good luck to Grant in his retirement.

My overriding memory of him was not in a game but merely the warm up when he walked from one side of the pitch to the other and just flicked the ball from one foot to the other as he walked.  Keepie -uppies on the move,  awesome

• Like 1

So according to Warnock the issue with Ameobi is constant fluid build up in one of his knees and they don't have a timescale on when they'll be able to fix that, but it definitely won't be in the next few weeks.

• Wow 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

So according to Warnock the issue with Ameobi is constant fluid build up in one of his knees and they don't have a timescale on when they'll be able to fix that, but it definitely won't be in the next few weeks.

sounds like classic arthritis/meniscus trouble

If it's possible I would terminate his contract. Being realistic is he ever going to play any amount of games for us. How on earth he ever got a contract in the first place baffles me. Our medical department must have had the day off when he we checked over.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Can this be sorted out or simply a time scale issue?

Should Boro consider ending the contract they have with him?

Its very individual. With some it just dies down, others it never ever goes away and is barely manageable