• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

To be fair, if he ever decides to give up managing, he could easily get a job curdling milk 🙂

He could get a job in modelling. 
He could Be the new face of balaclava 😉

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Oh come on, that's a bit mean. He not THAT bad looki-

590344795_download(13).jpeg.fa9e8c886ffaed5b346915353c3c010a.jpeg

....nevermind 🤣

I think I've seen his brother lurking in the Mines of Boulby...

gollum GIF

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

https://loveevertonforum.com/page/middlesbrough

wandering across the Net, discovered this and thought it was pretty well done although obviously stops with Woody

they certainly have an interesting site that is obviously run by proper fans. well worth a look at for anyone interested 

Very good read that 👍

43 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

wandering across the Net, discovered this and thought it was pretty well done although obviously stops with Woody

they certainly have an interesting site that is obviously run by proper fans. well worth a look at for anyone interested 

Crikey - thats not something you expect to see on the forums of other clubs. Really nice job whoever did it.

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

Thats pretty good. I enjoyed the read... 

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I don’t know enough about nutrition but this is at least interesting 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/neil-warnock-middlesbrough-fc-breakfast-25008124

If true that’s the most Micky mouse attitude from some players. Professional athletes at all levels in all sports know the importance of eating properly.  If some players have been skipping meals just so they can stay in bed longer I’m absolutely flabbergasted. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Uwe said:

If true that’s the most Micky mouse attitude from some players. Professional athletes at all levels in all sports know the importance of eating properly.  If some players have been skipping meals just so they can stay in bed longer I’m absolutely flabbergasted. 

Yeah it's 100% true mate, we lost to Coventry because a couple of the lads didn't have their breakfast.  Did you read through the article?  No questions popped into your head about it all?  Here's a couple that came to my mind:

"Well, some lads eat at night, then they don't come down for the snacks, they don't want to get up for breakfast, so they don't eat from 6pm to midday the next day.  So you are going to be a bit weak. They have got to look into it a bit more professionally and I think that is what they have done now, since I found out all these little habits"

Why did it only effect them for the Coventry game when Warnock suggests it's something that happens regularly?

"I thought there was something wrong. I knew before the game one of them wasn't right, looking into his eyes. I know that sounds daft but...And I knew straight away within the first ten minutes that the other two were not on their game."

Why didn't you substitute them in that case, Neil?  You knew straight away within the first 10 mins that three players weren't on their game, and you did absolutely nothing about it?  We didn't make a sub until after an hour of play, and if the three players who went off (Ikpeazu, Hernandez, Jones) are the ones we are talking about here, then what's the excuse for some of the other performances like Dijksteel for example?  Not to mention that Ikpeazu is subbed every game?

I have to admit that the bottom of the article tickled me mind.  All the squad is lacking is a long throw merchant and some players who can score from set pieces.  And apparently, he didn't play as much football at his previous clubs as we play here 😀 We are Warnock's footballing side! 🤣

Absolutely off his head but fair play to you Neil 👍

Christ, that's insane. Professional footballers skipping meals because they CBA to get up? Can this really be true? If so, they're clearly not particularly committed to their profession, or to the club. Any fule kno you need slow-release energy throughout the day, especially if you're an "elite" sportsman.

Also interesting that Warnock can tell if someone's had brekky by looking into their eyes. Wonder what else he could tell if he looked at other parts of their anatomy?

• Like 1