• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

Basically yes. It’s despicable the one of the worst regimes in the world can buy a football club in England and have thousands of people dancing and celebrating in the streets. Their new owner ordered the murder of a journalist in Germany for crying out loud. If North Korea is the next owner of Boro then I’m done with the club. 

I understand and agree and can almost admire your ethical stance but i think it a lot more complex. 
There are individuals and groups with there own agendas and interest that proclaim to investigate and provide substantial information but as it’s circumstantial evidence can’t be used in a court of law. The same can be said about the media. Accusations and suspicion there may well be provided but if there is unreasonable doubt the fact remains innocent until proven guilty. 
We have a court of justice with laws and jurisdiction to implement the law that govern, Governments, business, groups etc which are stringent and ethical to block trading and dealings with individuals, groups, businesses even nations and rightly so, otherwise we have a lawless society and free for all. Possibly this particular story is yet to unfold? 
It could be argued developed countries should block trading with all regimes and corrupt counties. To be fair if I removed all Chinese goods my house would consist of the square root of F All and I’ll need to walk around naked, not a pretty sight I may add. 

Most corrupt. See Denmark-least corrupt. UK isn’t bad either.. 
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/most-corrupt-countries

Aggressive Regimes. Old report and may have changed. 

https://www.ecoi.net/en/file/local/1161135/ds77_02257.pdf

Edited by sanddancer
1 hour ago, Rat catcher said:

They may have moaned, but have gladly accepted every penny that has been lavished on them.

There are undoubtedly some people who don't care where the money comes from.

But anyone with an ounce of decency and moral fibre should be outraged that people like Abramovich and "entities" like PIF are able to own football clubs...or indeed assets of any sort, in this country.

Sadly, thats the kind of world we live in. Too many people care only about the money. This attitude starts at the top with the PL and goes all the way down to the fanbase.

I would like to think the majority of Boro fans are better than that...but I guess we won't find out until / unless the club in is that situation.

• Like 1

I see the top six led by Spurs tried to get the Newcastle deal stopped. They are furious with EPL for allowing it to go through. If anyone is naïve enough to think these top six acted out of moral, ethical or human rights reasons they are seriously deluded. They acted out of fear that their financial clout has been matched or blown away by Saudi money. 

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

I see the top six led by Spurs tried to get the Newcastle deal stopped. They are furious with EPL for allowing it to go through. If anyone is naïve enough to think these top six acted out of moral, ethical or human rights reasons they are seriously deluded. They acted out of fear that their financial clout has been matched or blown away by Saudi money. 

Just one of those occasions when their own objectives coincided with doing the right thing. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

There are undoubtedly some people who don't care where the money comes from.

But anyone with an ounce of decency and moral fibre should be outraged that people like Abramovich and "entities" like PIF are able to own football clubs...or indeed assets of any sort, in this country.

Sadly, thats the kind of world we live in. Too many people care only about the money. This attitude starts at the top with the PL and goes all the way down to the fanbase.

I would like to think the majority of Boro fans are better than that...but I guess we won't find out until / unless the club in is that situation.

The vast majority of people don’t care where the money comes from or how it’s retained. Go spend sometime HMRC or social benefits. I could bet over 80% of fans are or either know of someone claiming benefit they shouldn’t or working while claiming. The same will have acted, received or know of someone acquiring services or goods illegally. 😂

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Rat catcher said:

It’s even more head shakingly ridiculous that City is part of opposing it. 

I can just picture Journalists reporting from St. James Park in the not so distant future.

Jeff Stelling: "And we break off from Paul Merson for a minute for an update from Chris Kamara at Newcastle were there has been another goal I believe, Kammy have Newcastle pulled one back?"

Kammy: "I'm afraid not Jeff they have been desperately unlucky to have just gone seven goals behind to City with 20 minutes gone. They have been absolutely brilliant, playing spectacular football and obviously by far the better side despite the scoreline and.......... ohh hang on a minute City have just added an eighth but despite that the black and white shirts are absolutely fantastic and you can't help but admire their silky skills, passing movements and......... ohh hang on another minute City have incredibly added a ninth after an own goal that was very unlucky and totally against the run of play where Newcastle have totally dominated. Back to you in the studio Jeff from a rainy Newcastle where the Home side have been absolutely brilliant despite the scoreline."

What's next I wonder, Referee's and their Assistants nervous to give controversial decisions?

Saliki played the full 2nd half game for Cameroon. Was hoping he would start and get an hour under his belt but I guess full 45mins is not that bad.

I can see him starting on Saturday with Howson maybe as a RWB.