oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

1 hour ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I'm interested to see how our results and performances are like without Sporar. I was happy with how we played against West Brom first half with watmore and coburn. I wonder if Browne is fit enough to play a part after the international break I really rate him and hope he can stay fit for the rest of the season.

If Wilder goes 3.5.2 Browne has a real challenge on his hand in finding a spot within that formation.

There are certain players who do not fit in to what Wilder does and Browne is one of them. Onel Hernandez screams out as another. And Sammy Ameobi is now at risk of having an unwanted achievement in leaving this club without ever playing a single second for us.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Just now, TLF10 said:

If Wilder goes 3.5.2 Browne has a real challenge on his hand in finding a spot within that formation.

There are certain players who do not fit in to what Wilder does and Browne is one of them. Onel Hernandez screams out as another. And Sammy Ameobi is now at risk of having an unwanted achievement in leaving this club without ever playing a single second for us.

Browne can play upfront and in a 10 role. For me he can still be a useful player to us even if we don't play with wingers. I do agree tho that's its possible we may see the end of ameobi Jones and Hernandez and maybe browne if he doesn't fancy him as a forward if he goes 532 with no desire to change from that formation. Personally I think we have the potential to mix it up a bit with the players we have and I hope he doesn't just go with wingbacks. Been waiting forever for some decent players on either flank it seems I want to see what they can do.

Why would he go with wing backs when we don't have any in the squad? The full backs in our team have been all over the place since the end of the Friend/Nsue days. We either have good defensive but shocking offensive players (Dijksteel) or good offensive but poor defensive players (Bola) or just poor at both ends of the pitch players (Spence).

Unless he decides to convert some of our wingers into wing backs, he won't be playing them. Fully expect some form of 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 for our first game.

10 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Why would he go with wing backs when we don't have any in the squad? The full backs in our team have been all over the place since the end of the Friend/Nsue days. We either have good defensive but shocking offensive players (Dijksteel) or good offensive but poor defensive players (Bola) or just poor at both ends of the pitch players (Spence).

Unless he decides to convert some of our wingers into wing backs, he won't be playing them. Fully expect some form of 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 for our first game.

He won't go with wingbacks at first but he may do in January. I completely disagree about spence he's been one of the best wingbacks in the league playing under a competent manager but I know there's fans at our club who have it in their heads he's *** and that's that now no matter what he does.

3 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

He won't go with wingbacks at first but he may do in January. I completely disagree about spence he's been one of the best wingbacks in the league playing under a competent manager but I know there's fans at our club who have it in their heads he's *** and that's that now no matter what he does.

I'm happy to accept Spence might be improving at Forest, but I haven't seen him play, so I can only go on what I know of when he was here, when he looked like a raffle ticket winner. Even if he is getting better, pretty sure the loan contract is until the end of the season, and you can't usually cancel them unless it is mutual.

10 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

I'm happy to accept Spence might be improving at Forest, but I haven't seen him play, so I can only go on what I know of when he was here, when he looked like a raffle ticket winner. Even if he is getting better, pretty sure the loan contract is until the end of the season, and you can't usually cancel them unless it is mutual.

From everything I've read it appears hes got a cancellation clause meaning we can recall him in January and I fully expect us to do that and I also expect under a manager like wilder that he should continue his good form for us.

37 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Press seem to believe he has a recall clause.

Also lets not forget he was one of our better players during a lot of the Woodgate year too, it was only toward the end of that and into NW that he lost all confidence.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Press seem to believe he has a recall clause.

Also lets not forget he was one of our better players during a lot of the Woodgate year too, it was only toward the end of that and into NW that he lost all confidence.

In fairness, I could have looked like our best player under NW at times. We were dreadful. It's easy to get caught up in the idea that whoever isn't currently here is the answer to our problems, and I know Forest fans like him, but it's worth remembering the dross they've been through as well, so by comparison he probably does look alright.

51 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

In fairness, I could have looked like our best player under NW at times. We were dreadful. It's easy to get caught up in the idea that whoever isn't currently here is the answer to our problems, and I know Forest fans like him, but it's worth remembering the dross they've been through as well, so by comparison he probably does look alright.

Its more probably that they have won pretty much every game under their new manager and shot up the league with spence being one of their best players and certainly performing to a higher level than anyone we have been playing on the right. Your correct about warnock which is why he wasn't getting the best out of our young players such as spence. The lad is only 21 and has already shown he can be one of the best wingbacks in the league with us under woody and forest now. 

Here Spence looked totally lost at times during games and even a liability through not tracking back quickly enough and leaving Players unmarked. That latter part may have been down to Warnock's man marking disaster meaning he was dragged all over and like as not deliberately out of position by astute opposing managers. Whatever the reasons, manager, tactics etc.  he certainly didn't show enough of anything consistently enough, indeed he seemingly displayed a lackadaisical attitude at times.

Defensively we have been very poor all season so our problems were not down to Spence. His performances at Forest would indicate that with the right Manager and the right tactics he can excel at this level. Offensively he wasn't particularly effective here either just like our porous defence so it certainly can't all be laid at his door. 

Fair play to the lad, he has proved his doubters wrong. It's certainly tempting to recall him but only if he is going to be used and is a genuine part of Wilders plans otherwise it's best to leave him where his value is increasing week on week.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Here Spence looked totally lost at times during games and even a liability through not tracking back quickly enough and leaving Players unmarked. That latter part may have been down to Warnock's man marking disaster meaning he was dragged all over and like as not deliberately out of position by astute opposing managers. Whatever the reasons, manager, tactics etc.  he certainly didn't show enough of anything consistently enough, indeed he seemingly displayed a lackadaisical attitude at times.

Defensively we have been very poor all season so our problems were not down to Spence. His performances at Forest would indicate that with the right Manager and the right tactics he can excel at this level. Offensively he wasn't particularly effective here either just like our porous defence so it certainly can't all be laid at his door. 

Fair play to the lad, he has proved his doubters wrong. It's certainly tempting to recall him but only if he is going to be used and is a genuine part of Wilders plans otherwise it's best to leave him where his value is increasing week on week.

To be honest I'd prefer him in RB or RWB to diksteel at the moment who I think is struggling for form. He looks to me like he's lost a bit of pace whether it's just down to his fitness or he was carrying a knock before he broke down or if its all the injuries taking their toll time will tell. Spence would have pretty much played every game if he had stayed but yeh in a way it was better for him to get away from warnock and find some form again and regain confidence. I hope we can now benefit from it. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Most of that is down to Warnock playing Spence as a winger,  he looked like he was getting a nosebleed every time he was that high up the pitch.

He always looked best with a teammate ahead of him and making runs from deeper, you get awarded a lot more time and space as a fullback/wingback. He didn't seem to be very comfortable receiving the ball in tight spaces.

• Like 1