• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Changing Times said:

They were initially fined about £5.5m I think as the disciplinary committee felt it would be unfair to deduct points from them at that point in the season!  The only reason that it was that point in the season was because West Ham had deliberately delayed the process by not handing over documents and stuff.  Essentially the panel let West Ham's lack of co-operation get them off a points deduction.  Morons.  West Ham did then have to pay Sheff United £30m compensation later on but I imagine they viewed it as money well spent.

Yes,but West Ham did win the world cup in 1966 so were allowed leeway on this issue.

• Like 1

Derby’s debts have been revealed:

“Derby's six connected companies have all updated their records with Companies House, showing a combined overall total of £29.3m owed to HMRC. They also show a £20m loan received from US investment group MSD Holdings, which was already known about.

In addition, a combination of football and trade creditors are owed around £15m.

These are the debts, in addition to more money owed to former owner Mel Morris, that the administrators need to renegotiate before they can sell the club, which they still hope to do at some point in January.

On that list of creditors, Derby owe £8.37m in outstanding player registration fees, plus a further £504,000 in agents' commission. This is believed to be connected to the deals that saw Krystian Bielik join Derby from Arsenal in 2019 and Kamil Jozwiak move to Pride Park from Lech Poznan in September 2020.

More than £1m is owed to the Wasserman agency, while the Triple S Sports Management company, owned by manager Wayne Rooney's long-time adviser Paul Stretford, is owed £60,000. St John Ambulance is owed £8,000.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59358676

looks about £73million in total. 

Verve, Preachers, Kula, Snow Patrol and even the Kaisers were all worth listening to at times, but could never understand the fuss about Albarn..  but that's par for the course with music, takes all sorts 

OCS and James both deserve a mention around the golden age of Britpop music. 

1 hour ago, WirelessBoro said:

Don’t know much about the u23s but FotMob has them in a 3-4-1-2 today, and it’s usually a 4-2-3-1. Are we trying to get a consistent structure going across the age groups? 

I like that idea I think Cruyff did something like that when he took over Barca so you had a natural academy player ready to step up. I think for a club like us it would improve the chances of youth players integrating more effectively in the 1st team squad.

3 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

You'll be disappointed to learn that they won 3-2, playing the best football they played in months in the process.

Let's see how the football is in the first team in a few months. I'm never disappointed when a boro team win. The only disappointment I have is knowing I won't see the likes of Browne Jones and Hernandez playing as wingers when I have watched drab football devoid of any flare for years. I just think it's a real shame that we likely won't see the best of what they could offer us. I'm sure I'll forget about once they are gone.