oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Great performance from the u23s who took to using the Wing-back system like ducks to water đź‘€. Olusanya scored with a lovely effort from outside the area before half time. Joe Gibson added 2 more in the second half.

Sonny Finch came off the bench to assist Gibson for his second. A great season so far for him across the age groups. He only turned 16 in August! (Born in 2005 - I feel very old đź’€).

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Sounds like a good day for the young uns...  hearing a lot of talk about Finch from my cousin, really rates him and already has money on him making the first team 

While I remember, we should give an honourable mention to the Sh    Lighthouse Family..  definitely remember the Transporter in one of their videos  

12 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yeah just seen that myself mate. He needs recalling in January. Starting to stifle his development. 

Could be the best thing for him, being back here under Wilder. Might well find a place for him. Even being back here in the U23s learning how Wilder wants him to play would be better than sitting on the Hibs bench again.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

Sounds like a good day for the young uns...  hearing a lot of talk about Finch from my cousin, really rates him and already has money on him making the first team 

While I remember, we should give an honourable mention to the Sh    Lighthouse Family..  definitely remember the Transporter in one of their videos  

Seems a really committed lad - played the majority of the abandoned u18s game at Wolves then came back up to Bishop Auckland to be on the bench for the u23s. Good stuff!

sorry if its been mentioned here already but did anyone else see that steve bruce was sitting with kieran scott and a few others today watching the game . If he was there himself i wouldnt have thought much about it but seems strange to be sat with scott 

9 hours ago, Boromadman said:

sorry if its been mentioned here already but did anyone else see that steve bruce was sitting with kieran scott and a few others today watching the game . If he was there himself i wouldnt have thought much about it but seems strange to be sat with scott 

I saw an image where it looked like he was sat on the opposite end of the row to Scott wasn't he? Unless Scott just moved to chat to someone else at the time. Don't think there's much to be said about it to be honest.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I saw an image where it looked like he was sat on the opposite end of the row to Scott wasn't he? Unless Scott just moved to chat to someone else at the time. Don't think there's much to be said about it to be honest.

sitting in the same section , maybe im reading too much into it 

Something a bit out there but in looking at Jones' performance on Saturday, got me thinking. Do we think Jones could be moulded into a forward in this team?

Not that I thought he played badly, I think he defended really well and maybe he'll do better in other games but he really struggled to get on the front foot whilst Bola was right up, pushing them back. We know from watching him that the top end of the pitch is where he's more naturally gifted and whilst if he keeps defending like he has done in the last couple of games, he'll do fine out there. Just feels like we're losing part of what makes him worth keeping around.

Thinking especially when (as you'd assume) Spence comes back, that may well be him out of the team and Spence's place to lose. Add that together with where I think you see better from Jones, could he do a similar job to Sporar or Watmore?

I can't make my mind up about it. Part of me thinks it's a non-starter, part of me thinks maybe he could.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Something a bit out there but in looking at Jones' performance on Saturday, got me thinking. Do we think Jones could be moulded into a forward in this team?

Not that I thought he played badly, I think he defended really well and maybe he'll do better in other games but he really struggled to get on the front foot whilst Bola was right up, pushing them back. We know from watching him that the top end of the pitch is where he's more naturally gifted and whilst if he keeps defending like he has done in the last couple of games, he'll do fine out there. Just feels like we're losing part of what makes him worth keeping around.

Thinking especially when (as you'd assume) Spence comes back, that may well be him out of the team and Spence's place to lose. Add that together with where I think you see better from Jones, could he do a similar job to Sporar or Watmore?

I can't make my mind up about it. Part of me thinks it's a non-starter, part of me thinks maybe he could.

His passing will need to improve - multiple times on Saturday he stopped moves by passing behind his target lol.

12 hours ago, Boromadman said:

I think Brucey was there to a do a reading from one of his books..