• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

A word jumped out at me from that Gazette interview - "selfless". That sense of playing for the team rather than for individual glory seems to be a big deal for Wilder, especially considering his criticism last night that "I thought we went individual" in the second half. He really doesn't seem to like players showboating or trying Hollywood shots, which suggests to me the likes of Lewis Wing won't play for us again.

I can also see it spelling the end of Tav's time here, sadly.

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

A word jumped out at me from that Gazette interview - "selfless". That sense of playing for the team rather than for individual glory seems to be a big deal for Wilder, especially considering his criticism last night that "I thought we went individual" in the second half. He really doesn't seem to like players showboating or trying Hollywood shots, which suggests to me the likes of Lewis Wing won't play for us again.

I can also see it spelling the end of Tav's time here, sadly.

In short what he is saying is players need to improve they decision making. And lets be honest Tav decision making does not need improving as at times he chooses the wrong option.

I am a big fan of his and he has a future under Wilder as Wilder is not trying to stifle his or anyones “individualism”. Just that you use it at the right time. If it is used at the right time then its for the benefit of the team and not the individual. 

Nathan Wood missing from the Hibs squad again tonight.

Surely that loan has got to be ended on the 1st of January if that's not injury related.

It was an excellent location if he was playing, but he'd have been better off playing for our U23s than going there as it stands.

42 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Nathan Wood missing from the Hibs squad again tonight.

Surely that loan has got to be ended on the 1st of January if that's not injury related.

It was an excellent location if he was playing, but he'd have been better off playing for our U23s than going there as it stands.

Didn't Warnock say his agent pushed for the move? Deffo bring him back (if we can)

Seems like the right decision, it was a disastrous loan move for him.

Didn't play, didn't develop and missed out on the opportunity to play here when injuries hit badly.

At least there's plenty of time to reintegrate him in to the squad and assess.

I presume he can also play for the U23s until January.

1 minute ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Can he play for the u23s? Maybe it's a good way for Wilder to get a closer look at him early. Then he knows whether he needs to get another CB or not. 

Stephen Walker came back from his loan to play a few games for the U23s recently, doesn't seem to be getting a game at Tranmere, and he's still on loan there, so I presume it's possible.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

Maddo was raving about that loan move at the start of the season. Obviously nobody knew just how few chances he’d get but we shouldn’t be letting agents determine where a player goes for development surely. 

Quite a few clubs have started to employ people to look after loanees. They are responsible for placing them with a club and keeping in touch with the player and new club.

I think we should look to do something similar. Loaning players out has become a huge part of player development.

• Like 1

Sol Bryan continues to impress in Scotland. From a report of the Queen of the South match:-

Jamie Masson, a second-half substitute for Cove, tested Brynn from range with just five minutes left in search for an equaliser.

On 89 minutes the same man curled a wicked effort towards goal that Sol Brynn parried away in what was genuinely one of the finest saves Ive ever saw a Queens keeper make.

The Middlesborough loanee continues to make extraordinary saves on a weekly basis for the South and long may it continue.

I know their expectations at their level may be lower, but it does look very positive for both him and Hemings

• Like 4
2 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

Sol Bryan continues to impress in Scotland. From a report of the Queen of the South match:-

Jamie Masson, a second-half substitute for Cove, tested Brynn from range with just five minutes left in search for an equaliser.

On 89 minutes the same man curled a wicked effort towards goal that Sol Brynn parried away in what was genuinely one of the finest saves Ive ever saw a Queens keeper make.

The Middlesborough loanee continues to make extraordinary saves on a weekly basis for the South and long may it continue.

I know their expectations at their level may be lower, but it does look very positive for both him and Hemings

we have 3 potentially good young keepers

James - got great reviews last season

Brynn - playing well in an underporming team

Hemmings - solid cleansheet machine for a top of the table team

• Like 2