oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

20 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Yeah they used the wing backs in their previous fixture too so it looks like that will be the system going forward. Good to see!

I thought it would be natural to play the same system as the first team simply because of familiarity should opportunity arises. The second obvious benefit is assessing players characteristics that align and support the first team. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

He really needs to improve on that.

After all the other stats we've seen about him this season on a positive note, this really shines a spotlight onto something he's really not doing well. Could interpret it either way from this stat alone but it feels to me more often like it's his decision to shoot than just the accuracy of his shots when he does take them.

According to WhoScored, he takes the 9th most shots in the division per game but has scored the least goals from the top 25 players in Shots per Game. Compare that to his shot accuracy which, according to the BBC, is 50%, higher than Crooks and Sporar.

Compare that to his chance creation, again according to the BBC he's created the most outright and most per 90 minutes for us this season.

29 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

After all the other stats we've seen about him this season on a positive note, this really shines a spotlight onto something he's really not doing well. Could interpret it either way from this stat alone but it feels to me more often like it's his decision to shoot than just the accuracy of his shots when he does take them.

According to WhoScored, he takes the 9th most shots in the division per game but has scored the least goals from the top 25 players in Shots per Game. Compare that to his shot accuracy which, according to the BBC, is 50%, higher than Crooks and Sporar.

Compare that to his chance creation, again according to the BBC he's created the most outright and most per 90 minutes for us this season.

I do think chances created is quite a big stat that gets overlooked when judging a player.

Theres been many 'how hasnt he scored that' moments and then the said creator then does not receive the credit of an assist and over the course of a season his stats don't appear as great. I think in our Southgate relegation season Downing created a fair few chances but we were awful in front of goal and he ended up with very few assists.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/could-middlesbrough-boss-chris-wilder-be-tempted-to-steal-lewis-wing-back-from-sheffield-wednesday-3478131

"Moore confirmed some time ago that recall clauses exist in the agreements of each of his six loanees and sources in the North East suggest Wilder could be tempted to activate a that clause in order to take a closer look at Wing and further refresh his squad."

2 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/could-middlesbrough-boss-chris-wilder-be-tempted-to-steal-lewis-wing-back-from-sheffield-wednesday-3478131

"Moore confirmed some time ago that recall clauses exist in the agreements of each of his six loanees and sources in the North East suggest Wilder could be tempted to activate a that clause in order to take a closer look at Wing and further refresh his squad."

That would be slightly odd as I dont think he is good enough, but if McNair is staying in defence I suppose it won't hurt to have an extra body, although we still have Payero to come back and Lea Siliki isn't playing while some of the younger lads like Malley could do with a chance if we are to see if they are good enough.

15 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Reading the article it looks like Darren Moore is looking for a polite way of saying that Wing is not good enough and he wants to send him back

• Like 1

I think it would be interesting to see Wing under Wilder. When he first came into the team he looked a great addition but since we have endured a run of managers that really don't support his natural style of play and has never looked the same player as in the first season. I think he's worth another look under a more positive thinking manager.

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Reading the article it looks like Darren Moore is looking for a polite way of saying that Wing is not good enough and he wants to send him back

Yeah, I'd be shocked if Wilder wanted to look at Wing given how poor the reviews have been of his performances from Sheffield Wednesday.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Yeah, I'd be shocked if Wilder wanted to look at Wing given how poor the reviews have been of his performances from Sheffield Wednesday.

And yet reviews at Rotherham were very good, Wilder has shown that he can take players from lower levels and churn out premier league worthy performances with them so I wouldn't be surprised if he were recalled, Even just as a rotation piece. It will come down to how many incomings and outgoings we expect in January.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I don't get that feeling from his actual quotes? What he actually says sounds like he wants to keep all of the players that he has loaned in at the moment?

He hasn't set the League alight though, I'm sure he's disappointed with his input. Moore clearly isn't happy with something about him in recent games, only playing 2 out of 7 whilst being an unused sub for the rest.