oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Trying to find the quotes now, but it was either as a pundit or when he was Cardiff manager saying he'd love a player like Lewis Wing.

I believe it was when he was a guest on the FL highlights show. 

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm struggling to find it right now, because every search is coming out with Warnock's comments on loaning him out.

It wasn't excessive praise or anything, but he definitely commented on how he'd have loved a player like Wing.

I've got a feeling it was the period between being sacked by Cardiff and hired by us, where he did punditry on Sky Sports.

Here it is 

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I believe it was when he was a guest on the FL highlights show. 

It was. You are right. He said Wing and Paddy are a mangers dream and he always been a fan of both.

Hahahah.

I'd forgotten the Gestede quotes, that's even funnier.

"When you needed him, he was good".

Warnock enters the Boro job in a relegation battle and his first act is to say "*** off, Gestede".

42 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Hahahah.

I'd forgotten the Gestede quotes, that's even funnier.

"When you needed him, he was good".

Warnock enters the Boro job in a relegation battle and his first act is to say "*** off, Gestede".

It was Gestede who essentially told us and Warnock to f**k off.

Warnock wanted him to play but he said he not risking injury as come summer when he a free agent he would not get a club so would only play if we offered him a new deal.

6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

It was Gestede who essentially told us and Warnock to f**k off.

Warnock wanted him to play but he said he not risking injury as come summer when he a free agent he would not get a club so would only play if we offered him a new deal.

Gestede refused to play beyond his actual contract, which whilst a bit *** I can understand, Warnock sent him home before it actually ran out.

He started in Woodgate's last game.

I had no problem with Gestede being sent home early, I just find the clash with his comments on Quest funny.

23 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I think Payaro will be the one that threatens Tavs position in the team and it'll hopefully get Tav shooting on all cylinders again. 

Tav is a supplier and should be judged on assist and creativity. Tav return shoots to conversion is exceptionally poor but reading the stats alone won’t reveal the true picture as to why. Although there are a few of our players that lack that required finial decision making skill. Wasted shots are unproductive and it’s an area a manager needs to correct. A few options to consider, defined roles, fitness level, leadership, game plan. 
I think Chris already knows who, what and where needs improvement and I also believe he has the power to make changes. I think we are seeing improvement within the current squad but I also believe we won’t be seeing all the same faces come the start of next season. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I forgot he played for us in the cup, so it was definitely the right decision to recall him early and try and get him up to speed.

Easy in hindsight to say, but it shows how unwise it is to play someone in a cup game before the August transfer window closes if you are at all likely to loan them out. If the loan doesn’t work out and they aren’t good enough to figure in the second half of the season for the parent club, then the player is kicking his heels for half a season. Seems Wood could have the worst of all worlds. Hopefully Wilder will see enough there to be able to use him over the next few months.
Perhaps the rule needs changing to make it 2 clubs only from the date of closure of the August transfer window. This would allow clubs to assess players early on, but still allow players to play all season through a couple of loan deals

• Like 2

I'd prefer to be starting Wood than Peltier when he's available, I don't think we will be achieving much this season its a bit of a free hit so getting an incredibly promising player some game time should be the priority.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Borodane said:

I hate these weeks without a midweek game when we look like a team with new energy and ideas. 

Think of all the wonderful things he's installing on the training pitch though!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Brunners said:

Think of all the wonderful things he's installing on the training pitch though!

Yeah I get that. It's probably the best time to not have midweek games with Fry and Payero getting back and the players learn the new routines and build up more fitness. But that still doesn't change the fact, that I want games.