oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Our game v Stoke will be interesting from a tactical point of view as I think they only other team in league who play a 3.5.2 like us. 3 man central midfield with 2 up top.

They currently leading QPR 1 nil at Loftus Road.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Third round draw at 7pm tomorrow.. we are number 27. would be nice to see Wilder take it seriously and at least get into 4th round (depending on the draw. Hopefully home tie against Hartlepool or Harrogate and Newcastle can have an away trip to Plymouth (kick off 12.30) 🙂 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Third round draw at 7pm tomorrow.. we are number 27. would be nice to see Wilder take it seriously and at least get into 4th round (depending on the draw. Hopefully home tie against Hartlepool or Harrogate and Newcastle can have an away trip to Plymouth (kick off 12.30) 🙂 

Ideally we want a minnow or a mega team. Either one keeps it interesting. Last thing we want is another championship club like last year!

would prefer a minnow because it gives them the chance of a bit of cash and us a chance of progressing whereas a mega is more or less a write-off and a missed opportunity for two big teams to play each other and give other teams a chance to progress. Its almost like a seeded draw anyway at times  

I would love Utd at Riverside so I can take my little cousin to watch Cr7 who he is obsessed with.

Cr7 probs would not play but would like to think he on bench and has to come on when we are leading them but his efforts prove in vain as we knock them out.

Just now, TLF10 said:

I would love Utd at Riverside so I can take my little cousin to watch Cr7 who he is obsessed with.

Cr7 probs would not play but would like to think he on bench and has to come on when we are leading them but his efforts prove in vain as we knock them out.

Writing that gave me flashbacks of Noel Whelan and Andy Campbell.

we love a good cup run. NW and pulis were the polar opposite to the fans. they just happily gave up on the cups. fingers crossed we really go for it. i'm sure we will. because striving to improve standards doesnt include. playing a half arsed weakened team like we did in the league cup. i'd love a prem team. everton be great. they are terrible right now and sure they wouldnt relish coming here.

59 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

we love a good cup run. NW and pulis were the polar opposite to the fans. they just happily gave up on the cups. fingers crossed we really go for it. i'm sure we will. because striving to improve standards doesnt include. playing a half arsed weakened team like we did in the league cup. i'd love a prem team. everton be great. they are terrible right now and sure they wouldnt relish coming here.

Pulis got us to a quarters final.

You can say what you like about his style of football, but he took the cups seriously.

Even though it was Burton and Newport that knocked us out of both cups, we fielded very strong sides in both matches.

We played terribly in the Burton match and the Newport replay, but I very much doubt that was deliberate and Newport had knocked out Leicester in the previous round.

Warnock made no secrets of the fact that he didn't care about the cups, Pulis was very enthused about them in the media.

• Like 1

Screenshot_20211206-112449_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fc92d11e52499f958052a9889e6830e2.jpg

Above is the side we played against Burton,  Leadbitter and Baath were arguably the only ones there who weren't regular starters

Screenshot_20211206-112308_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aafc0d9bbc08c3c84eefbbad83a2384e.jpg

There's the side we played in the Newport replay, every player there bar Dimi was a regular starter.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20211206-112449_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fc92d11e52499f958052a9889e6830e2.jpg

Above is the side we played against Burton,  Leadbitter and Wing were arguably the only ones there who weren't regular starters

Screenshot_20211206-112308_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aafc0d9bbc08c3c84eefbbad83a2384e.jpg

There's the side we played in the Newport replay, every player there bar Dimi was a regular starter.

How did we get knocked out against Burton with a blooming Barcelona forward in our team :'D

i just hope we get a home game againt a non champo team. I like a good cup run. 

2 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

How did we get knocked out against Burton with a blooming Barcelona forward in our team :'D

i just hope we get a home game againt a non champo team. I like a good cup run. 

I have no idea, we should have comfortably beaten both teams with the sides we put out.

Still have nightmares about Flint's miss from literally on the goal line.

I'm feeling very enthusiastic about the FA Cup this year, so I'm hoping for a fun lower league away day.

It's weird as I had absolutely no interest in the League Cup this season, but the FA Cup has avoided that.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Pulis got us to a quarters final.

You can say what you like about his style of football, but he took the cups seriously.

Even though it was Burton and Newport that knocked us out of both cups, we fielded very strong sides in both matches.

We played terribly in the Burton match and the Newport replay, but I very much doubt that was deliberate and Newport had knocked out Leicester in the previous round.

Warnock made no secrets of the fact that he didn't care about the cups, Pulis was very enthused about them in the media.

Pulis didn't play the first team in the League Cup the whole way through though, did he?

He made 10 changes for the Notts County game, included the likes of Mahmutovic, McGinley, Tav and Chapman. The next round, Nathan Wood was in the team, McQueen came in for the next two as well. Not gonna complain about young lads getting a chance in the cup but you're not doing that if you're taking the competition seriously.

Comparing to the League games previous to the League Cup games he made 10 changes for Notts County, 10 for Rochdale, 11 for Preston, 8 for Crystal Palace, 6 for Burton. I seem to remember at the time there were plenty who felt he might have been better off not bringing his actual first team players into the game because did absolutely nothing for him.

The FA Cup is usually a different kettle of fish because it fits much nicer into the schedule anyway but we only got to the fourth round and failed to beat Newport over two games.