oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

So seems to be:

1) Goal: Payero - Assist: Hernandez
2) Goal: Payero - Assist: Unknown
3) Goal: Coburn - Assist: Kavanagh
4) Goal: Own Goal - Assist: Kokolo
5) Goal: Kavanagh - Assist: Hernandez

Hernandez, Payero & Kavanagh with multiple goal contributions.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Could be a massive money saving if kavanagh is nearing first team readiness. He seems to impress even more than coburn in his all round game in the underage teams, would that be fair to say?

I can see him suiting the press. He's made a habit of harassing defenders at u18 level and has good energy levels.

It would be quite the step up if he ended up in the 1st team so soon though. He's not even had a full season with the u23s yet.

Serious question here and don’t meen to sound negative but if people think wilder is gonna get us promoted, do they actually beleive that the likes of coburn and kavanagh are ever gonna be regulars for us. I understand people want to see these break into the 1st team but I honestly can’t see it myself. Hope I’m wrong and these turn out to be fantastic players. But I’ve seen enough of the likes Bradley fewster and Ste walker that had the same sort of hype around them. 

A bit of a random thought. But I read an article ages ago about a club (couldn't remember which) creating a new role, that specifically deals with player exits. I've finally found the article! 

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/club/20210504-fa-cup-winner-jackson-begins-progressive-new-role-at-wolves/

Given our seemingly poor conduct around some players exits (I'm specifically thinking about Downing and Schwarzer, after the Podcast). I wonder if getting someone into that type of role, would really help our overall professionalism in that area.

This quote really stood out for me..."but ultimately, we want to make every exit from the football club as positive an experience for the player and the club as possible"

Also as a side note do we officially have any sort of ambassador roles for ex-players?

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Mfcdanny said:

Serious question here and don’t meen to sound negative but if people think wilder is gonna get us promoted, do they actually beleive that the likes of coburn and kavanagh are ever gonna be regulars for us. I understand people want to see these break into the 1st team but I honestly can’t see it myself. Hope I’m wrong and these turn out to be fantastic players. But I’ve seen enough of the likes Bradley fewster and Ste walker that had the same sort of hype around them. 

This season is probably as good as its going to get for Coburn. I'd imagine next season he'll face much stiffer competition for a place and he'll see much less game time. He's still young so it's no bad thing for him. Depending on who we bring in, he might even go out on loan. Might see Kavanagh get the odd cameo towards the end of the season if we're not threatening the play offs.

• Like 2

The lad only just turned 19 a few days ago. If he can get a good loan in january and also spend the whole of 22/23 at a decent club in League 1 or the Championship then it could really help his development.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Mfcdanny said:

I do have a sort of silent fear that Coburn might not make it under this manager, he has a lot of work to do. I get the feeling when Wilder came in, he started to raise tiny little doubts about him and now he's not even on the bench. The first game, he came on as a sub and looked quite out of place. He's got a lot of work to do if he wants to adapt his game to this style of play.

Kavanagh, from what I've seen of him, seems more naturally capable of doing what Wilder has so far asked for from his forwards so might have a better chance of making it whilst he's the manager. Still feels like he's a long way away from the first team, though.