oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Really pleased that the club are now doing interviews with players before matches as well as the manager.

It's definitely felt a lot more conservative in the last few years, only really hearing from players when they've signed and almost everything else was through Warnock.

At least outside of written interviews.

• Like 5
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

On 12/10/2021 at 10:02 AM, Humpty said:

Paddy’s not the most expressive of people is he 😂

You'd think as an experienced international player he'd be used to doing interviews. 😁

Then again, some people just don't like media work. 

3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

You'd think as an experienced international player he'd be used to doing interviews. 😁

Then again, some people just don't like media work. 

I fully understand why players are almost robotic with their interviews. Especially the England and other internationals. The press are dying for them to slip up, show a bit of passion and say something which can me massively taken out of context. 

i really dislike the media in this country ☹️

37 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I fully understand why players are almost robotic with their interviews. Especially the England and other internationals. The press are dying for them to slip up, show a bit of passion and say something which can me massively taken out of context. 

Oh I totally get that.

But its perfectly possible to carefully toe the party line without actually coming across as an automaton. Just look at interviews in F1.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Uwe said:

Like how "we want to smash the league, we want to go up as champions" gets twisted from a passionate call to arms into an arrogant "we will smash the league". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Foogle said:

Like how "we want to smash the league, we want to go up as champions" gets twisted from a passionate call to arms into an arrogant "we will smash the league". 

100%

• Like 1

It’s really not that big a deal but there’s showing a bit of personality and there’s giving controversial opinions. I’m in no way giving McNair any stick here, that may well be his personality which is fine, he’s just incredibly non-expressive as a person. He was very dead pan which I found amusing

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

It’s really not that big a deal but there’s showing a bit of personality and there’s giving controversial opinions. I’m in no way giving McNair any stick here, that may well be his personality which is fine, he’s just incredibly non-expressive as a person. He was very dead pan which I found amusing

The accent definitely doesn't work in his favour like.