• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Fair point and I would tend to agree that after Mel Morris, Ashley is exactly the kind of owner who will get their finances in order.

But I bet the fans won't see it that way after a few seasons of mid table mediocrity and the club going nowhere (if his tenure at Newcastle is anything to go by).

They know Ashley isn’t a saviour, but they now fearing not finishing the season and liquidation next month.

The administrators are the ones who are being the biggest pain imo, they are saying Boro/Wycombe and EFL stopping them announcing a preferred bidder, and their plan is announce preferred bidder, get them to loan £7m to see out the season while sale goes through.

EFL have told them they can announce the preferred bidder at any time, but until the dispute with Boro& Wycombe sorted no one wants to bid. Rumours are flying around that Gibson wants £45+m yet I’ve found no evedence for this or any figure like it except in the form of a rumour. 

Whatever the issue is between Gibson and Derby can only be settled through EFL binding arbitration and it seems the administrators want this to go away and have used inflammatory language to describe it, but until Boro/Wycombe drop this or formally ask EFL to act the EFL will not be able or willing to do anything in this area and it will be up to any potential bidder to accept this and bid anyway.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Payero playing for the u23s today.

As are Boyd-Munce, Coburn and Brynn, but that's more expected.

Good for Payero because he was one of the lads who had covid. Wilder said some of the lads who were ill looked a bit off the pace at times yesterday due to a combination of illness and no football for nearly 3 weeks so this run out should give Payero a chance to shake off any “cobwebs” he is carrying

4 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

From Ashley perspective paying Gibson some compensation will enable him to be the only buyer available and get him ahead of the competition 

It’s only rumour that any financial compensation is being sought. It’s a very odd situation where there is a definite dispute but what the pertinence said of it are are not public and the 3 parties positions are, Boro silent and saying nothing, Derby administrators saying it’s ludicrous unlawful and that the EFL are breaking their own rules and the laws of the land. The EFL say until a complaint made and arbitration sought it’s nothing to do with them.

Derby fans don’t seem to know the difference between laws of the land and the laws governing membership of the EFL, so they now trying to petition the sports minister to force Boro and the EFL to back off as they breaking the laws of the land.

This is a topic I wasn’t paying much attention too but went to visit relatives after new year and in their local the landlord a Derby fan who has always been friendly almost bared me just because I’m a Boro fan and pointedly wouldn’t serve me or family and left it to his very amused staff to serve and explain things.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is this match a cup/league or friendly? That might be why it’s at Rockcliffe where fans cannot watch.

6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Nice to see Bilongo involved too also why isn't this game at Bishop Auckland and available for fans to attend? 

The way I understand this is that in order to get all the points deductions sorted in this year the administration have basically admitted all charges which leave them exposed to arbitration from WW and MFC.  What the EFL are saying to them is there's potential for a future claim and any future owner needs to agree to abide by an arbitration decision, if it were to occur.  

The administration are waffling on about statue and how you can't sue a company in administration because they are trying to deflect from the fact they've basically done bob all for four months other than pin all hopes on someone blindly buying the club. 

Meanwhile Derby fans blame everyone but their own club / administration and now seem to think Ashley is actually going to have a fight with Gibson.  They seem completely oblivious to the fact they've been really good friends for 15 odd years, possibly longer.  The whole thing is getting farcical and most of them have literally zero idea what they are talking about.  

• Like 4