• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

The administrators mentioned the amounts when they were on the radio (possibly talksport) shortly after being appointed.

I had a look and there doesn’t seem to be any direct quote about this figure of money. This week ex Chrystal palace owner Simon Jordan quoted the figure and said it was rubbish, not the dispute but the fact of £45m being the reason or the cause.

its clear that Steve Gibson has some reason to go after Derby County now or in the future, it just seems that £45m is a rumour figure. Apparently the financial amount we are Supposed to be seeking is either 1/3 or 1/4 of the total money we would have got had we got promoted.

Its a reasonable figure but as we didn’t get promoted and would have only got the last place in the playoff with that pullis team it’s only my opinion but I’m not sure if it isn’t something else that isn’t being mentioned fully incase of legal disputes.

5 hours ago, Smokedsalmon said:

It would be quite funny if after all this time the whole thing was a secret ploy between Ashley and Gibson for Ashley to get a new football club at a cut price and Gibson to get a nice cash windfall.

Someone casually start a "I'm not normally ITK, but I have heard that..." about this on twitter.  Pleeeeeeeease.

7 hours ago, Naisby said:

I had a look and there doesn’t seem to be any direct quote about this figure of money. This week ex Chrystal palace owner Simon Jordan quoted the figure and said it was rubbish, not the dispute but the fact of £45m being the reason or the cause.

its clear that Steve Gibson has some reason to go after Derby County now or in the future, it just seems that £45m is a rumour figure. Apparently the financial amount we are Supposed to be seeking is either 1/3 or 1/4 of the total money we would have got had we got promoted.

Its a reasonable figure but as we didn’t get promoted and would have only got the last place in the playoff with that pullis team it’s only my opinion but I’m not sure if it isn’t something else that isn’t being mentioned fully incase of legal disputes.

According to Rob (of FMTTM fame) - Gibson rang him after he contacted him on behalf of a group of Derby fans and confirmed that the £45m figure was correct. A direct quote from a post Rob made "He also told me how he arrived at £45m. It makes total sense - I can tell anyone that asks me privately but is based on an average value of the worth of promotion to the Premier but also divided by the bookies odds if we made the play offs and not Derby."

https://fmttmboro.com/index.php?threads/next-derby-owners-face-extra-£1m-legal-bill-as-middlesbrough-and-wycombe-compensation-claims-head-for-ugly-court-battle.26732/page-5#post-611892

Just now, Juninho10 said:

Do you think this is true? I don't believe this for a second.

I don't see someone who runs a fanzine as a major source of his income and takes part in the weekly Boro media making up a phone call with Gibson. So yes I do believe it.

• Like 2

If Gibson thought he would get that kind of money in those circumstances from any club I think it would be very very wishful thinking as it’s all based on hypothetical notions. The EFL has already punished Derby for those infractions and they have accepted them.

Clubs cannot sue each other directly in the courts, only through EFL binding arbitration. As the EFL have already punished Derby it will take great amounts of evidence that the EFL couldn’t in a month of Sunday’s ignore, as this would well and truly open a can of worms the EFL would want kept shut.

Im not saying it isn’t true what he may or may not have told Rob from FMTTM, just my honest opinion based upon how the EFL and football runs itself and Gibson’s past entanglements with points of justice with Footballs governing bodies.

• Like 1

Whenever clubs get in to disputes with each other it’s the League they belong too that acts as the independent arbitrator and their judgement is final.

However you can then take the League body to court based on its findings and judgements, but you have to prove the judgement was incorrect based on how they arrived at it, not that the judgement itself was wrong.

A court can find that the EFL or other body is wrong on an interpretation of how it came to that judgement but all it can do then is return it to the EFL to judge again.

The ultimate piece of power that the EFL has is that it can say to a club, if your not happy then fine go join another league.

34 minutes ago, Juninho10 said:

Do you think this is true? I don't believe this for a second.

Mentioned it before on here but Rob told us about this call the day it happened in our MSF group, think it was before Christmas.

Rob is one of those who is quite worried for Derby going out of business, from our conversations. I don't think he'd make up a call that helped to somewhat change his mind about the situation.

This isn't a dig at you by the way, but I do trust what Rob says. 👍

2 hours ago, Naisby said:

@wilsoncgp after Gibson’s previous tries to get footballs authorities to act on their own rules when they don’t want to. Do you think that Gibson really would try to get £45m this way?

It is interesting that Jordan says £45m is not the money we're after but Rob said it was. Could be someone misinterpreting something there. Either way, I don't think that's what he's going to get and I think Gibson must know that too.

For the hard graft and the way they are fighting and for the sakes of the fans I would like to see them stay alive and get through this with a club to follow.

Many of us remember the harrowing times when we nearly went out of existance would not wish that on anyone, one mans actions can cause untold repercussions something we might all witness soon with Putin

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

For the hard graft and the way they are fighting and for the sakes of the fans I would like to see them stay alive and get through this with a club to follow.

Many of us remember the harrowing times when we nearly went out of existance would not wish that on anyone, one mans actions can cause untold repercussions something we might all witness soon with Putin

It’s like being back in the 80’s again, football clubs almost going bust, Russian troops back on the borders, living with a 3 minute warning. European allies saying one thing but doing another. Oh happy days, I didn’t think days like that were gone forever, really hoped I would be much older or gone before they did. 

• Like 3