oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

14 minutes ago, MMC said:

I agree but I also feel it's hard to justify moving him around when he's playing his role to near perfection. Payero has to come in and show us that we're missing out without him in the side to justify any change to the way Crooks plays. 

Not that he'll see it but my apologies to our favourite palm tree for ever thinking he was just going to be a big lump shithouse. He's the 7m midfielder we paid Millwall for.

Yeah totally agree. 

I thought that about Crooks too. Just thought he would be a Championship Felliani but he is so good on the ball and lots of little flicks and cute passes, great engine but can still do that side of the game too. Easily our best summer signing. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

On an emotional basis I get where Wilson is coming from. I stopped going to matches despite having a season card for many decades because I just couldn't stomach any more of Pulisball. I haven't had a season card since, admittedly the Woodgate appointment totally put the kibosh on things for me but Pulis and his defeatist, negative tactics sucked the lifeblood out of me and that run of games killed our hopes without doubt.

Having said that, one team finished above us who had bent the rules over the entire season and not just the last half dozen games. The points we gained (and Derby) were over the full season despite Pulisball and that horrifying run-in. As much as I came to dislike Pulis for a multitude of reasons MFC had under normal circumstances done enough to make those Play Offs had they been on a level playing field. Like Wilson I don't think Pulis deserved it but putting that emotion aside the harsh commercial reality was that an opponent cheated MFC out of 6th place. 

The Waghorn thing really annoyed Gibson as we were blown out of the water for him by Derby so on that it was personal. Whether Pulis would have achieved more with Waghorn (or less) who knows but we as a club did want him and saw him as a desirable asset. A bullet dodged in my opinion but who knows, he may have been the missing link for Pulis and let's face it none of his strikers were really delivering for him.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm not really understanding your argument, to be honest.

We shot ourselves in the foot, nobody is denying that, but Derby indisputably cheated to finish above us.

So Gibson has a case.

The fact that Pulis led an implosion doesn't change that.

Screenshot_20220117-171722_Chrome.thumb.jpg.81f0ce3417d68315555696b9da53a5bf.jpg

This was the table at the half way point of the season, Derby were keeping pace with us long before our 6 game losing run near the end, it's not like we were out of sight and they just snuck in.

My argument is entirely about responsibility and where it lies. Derby finishing on 74 points is a relatively miniscule factor in our inability to finish in the playoffs that season. It's not about how many points they gained, it's about how many we lost because of the way we handled ourselves. It's about how we missed our chance, not how it was taken away from us. The narrative has often been the other way around though and this claim to me, in some part, furthers that idea.

I completely get that were they not to have the points they earned from cheating, adjusting the table would have us finishing at least 6th. But on a personal level, even if we had finished above them because of that, it would not have felt like we'd deserved it.

I also know this claim isn't just that, it's not just to prove they took that away from us, it's almost certainly being used as a tool for the greater good and to that I say fair enough.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Couldn't care less if we get anything or not to be honest but only 25% to HMRC? Get in the bin.

Reading between the lines HMRC and others are not happy that MM put Derby into administration the day that the tax bill was due after football clubs had been given an extension due to covid. The also not happy that the EFL still doesn’t class them as a debt that needs to be paid in full like footballing debts have to be for clubs to keep League membership.

If I was a betting man I would say this issue is a big part of Gibson’s grievances as the whole compensation line that Rob at FMTTM reported seems to be very secondary at best. I wonder if this is one of the reason he wouldn’t talk about that Gibson mentioned.

From the Derby boards the tax bill isn’t insubstantial either.

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/january/efl-statement-derby-county/

5. Why has the EFL allowed Middlesbrough and Wycombe to threaten legal action against Derby County, and is this preventing the sale of the Club?

Middlesbrough FC commenced its claims against the Club over 12 months ago in arbitration proceedings, the framework for which is set out in EFL Regulations. The EFL is not a party to those proceedings and nor does it have a role in determining the outcome of them. As the arbitration proceedings are private and confidential, we are unable to provide any further detail.  

The EFL is aware that the Administrators have also received notice of claims from Wycombe Wanderers FC of a similar nature to those of Middlesbrough FC, but the EFL has not received full details of them.

The current situation remains challenging as Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers consider their claims should be protected under the terms of the Insolvency Policy. The Administrators disagree. Further, as those claims are not yet determined the Administrators and bidders have no clarity on the size of any (if any) liability. That has implications for exiting administration, and ultimately the Club being able to retain its membership status. 

We are aware that Derby County consider the claims to be spurious, but despite this, the current bidders appear unwilling to assume the risk of defending them.  In contrast, Middlesbrough FC and Wycombe Wanderers consider the claims to have merit, and that their rights will be adversely affected if Derby County can extinguish or compromise the claims using the insolvency process.

The EFL is keen to try and resolve the current impasse. The EFL invited each of the Administrators, Middlesbrough FC, and Wycombe Wanderers to make submissions on this point last week, and we are now in the process of reviewing those submissions with a view to identifying a route to resolve the conflict which exists between the respective positions of, on the one hand, Derby County, and on the other Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers.

17 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Looks like the Derby pressure on the EFL is starting to bite, but maybe not in the way that they want, the administrators want any claim by Boro or Wycombe dismissed out of hand, I’m not sure that the EFL could do that now even if they were willing.

The Derby fans also claim that because Bauser was elected y the championship clubs to serve on their board that the EFL is compromised and under the Boro thumb.

They forget that at the last election one of the 3 places up for election was vacated by a member of the Derby County Board.

4 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Looks like the Derby pressure on the EFL is starting to bite, but maybe not in the way that they want, the administrators want any claim by Boro or Wycombe dismissed out of hand, I’m not sure that the EFL could do that now even if they were willing.

The Derby fans also claim that because Bauser was elected y the championship clubs to serve on their board that the EFL is compromised and under the Boro thumb.

They forget that at the last election one of the 3 places up for election was vacated by a member of the Derby County Board.

Wasn't one of the big reasons that Mel Morris was allowed to get away with all this for so long, because he had a "friend" high up in the EFL?

20 minutes ago, Brunners said:

On a happier topic though, here's some Izzy highlights from the weekend.

Love it when he kicks the ball one side of a defender, then runs round the other side to collect the ball 😄