oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

“On the one hand, it is said that there is no prospect of the claim succeeding, in which case there is no risk for a new owner. But, on the other hand, the administrator apparently cannot find a new owner because they will not proceed without the claim being settled due, presumably, to the fact that it has merit and might succeed. If the claim has no prospect of success MFC does not understand why a new owner would resolve the matter by accepting that the arbitration decision should be honoured.”

I thought this part was quite amusing

• Like 2
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

“On the one hand, it is said that there is no prospect of the claim succeeding, in which case there is no risk for a new owner. But, on the other hand, the administrator apparently cannot find a new owner because they will not proceed without the claim being settled due, presumably, to the fact that it has merit and might succeed. If the claim has no prospect of success MFC does not understand why a new owner would resolve the matter by accepting that the arbitration decision should be honoured.”

I thought this part was quite amusing

It's the part Derby fans seem to keep hiding from. They're not happy with this statement (who's surprised there) but if indeed these are the facts, if the claim was so nonsensical as to be laughed off and if indeed the only thing preventing an owner from taking over is that claim, then Derby would have new owners already by now.

New buyers are clearly concerned about it, they'll have surely been receiving legal advice on this too, and if they aren't willing to continue without this issue being settled then the claim must have merit/risk associated with it.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

I'm sure that will placate the derby fans 😄

They've alread called it a "non statement", complained about how we're being cheeky since we're close to failing FFP too, that we only pass FFP because SG fiddles the accounts etc etc.

Oh and think we're colluding with the EFL because our statements have similar formatting.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

They've alread called it a "non statement", complained about how we're being cheeky since we're close to failing FFP too, that we only pass FFP because SG fiddles the accounts etc etc.

Oh and think we're colluding with the EFL because our statements have similar formatting.

There must be a helluva shortage of tin-foil in the shops of Derbyshire right now

• Haha 1

Derby fans keep bringing up the point that we lost the last 7 and that's what cost us, not them cheating.

They still cheated though, if you came 7th in the 100m sprint because you ran badly but 6th place beat you and he was a drug cheat, it's still cheating you out of a higher placed finish.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, CambridgeBoro said:

Derby fans keep bringing up the point that we lost the last 7 and that's what cost us, not them cheating.

They still cheated though, if you came 7th in the 100m sprint because you ran badly but 6th place beat you and he was a drug cheat, it's still cheating you out of a higher placed finish.

We also won 5 out of the last 6 to finish the season.

• Like 2

I was thinking its about time we came forward and said something.

If the administrators have ignored us since November 2021, it's hilarious Derby fans think we're 'trying to liquidate them.' And as the statement says, if the claim is spurious and has no chance of success, what are new owners worried about? Just buy the club and laugh us out of court if that's the case. 

• Like 2

I dont want to see Derby go under but there needs to be a precedent set that if you blatantly and openly cheat the system, this is what will happen.

There has to be a deterrent, the current penalties don't do enough. Reading are the next Derby, Wigan or Wednesday and that's just from the last 2 years.  

• Like 1