• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

So according to Nixon, Derby admins think they'll have funding in by the weekend and that's why they're turning down player sales atm.

Which also would mean, unless I'm mistaken, there's no need for us to solve the claim situation by February. Quantuma getting the violins out, trying to damage us and our claims with public consensus whilst also having a plan that avoids them having to sell their players and give them a chance of remaining a Championship club and a better prospect for any buyer. Get stuffed.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Which also would mean, unless I'm mistaken, there's no need for us to solve the claim situation by February. Quantuma getting the violins out, trying to damage us and our claims with public consensus whilst also having a plan that avoids them having to sell their players and give them a chance of remaining a Championship club and a better prospect for any buyer. Get stuffed.

The admins appear to be no less bellend-y than Mel Morris...

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

That actually looks about as good as a sponsor on a shirt can do in my opinion. Nice change from the great green eyesores of the past.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Will said:

That actually looks about as good as a sponsor on a shirt can do in my opinion. Nice change from the great green eyesores of the past.

It compliments the colour and design of the shirt instead of trying too hard to stand out.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Will said:

The admins appear to be no less bellend-y than Mel Morris...

Also, in a nice representation of this desperate fanbase, there are tons of tweets following Nixon's asking if that removes their transfer embargo.

We have to get our priorities right and save a club from our wrath whilst some fans are sat worrying about whether they can get the players they need in to survive relegation.

Absolutely mental.

20 minutes ago, Brunners said:

So according to Nixon, Derby admins think they'll have funding in by the weekend and that's why they're turning down player sales atm.

If they're getting funding from somewhere they should be paying their massive tax bill off first. If that means selling players then so be it. It's like the administrators are just making up their own rules as it stands.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If they're getting funding from somewhere they should be paying their massive tax bill off first. If that means selling players then so be it. It's like the administrators are just making up their own rules as it stands.

if they can get the funding to allow them to fulfil the rest of their fixtures this season, they can spend the second half of the season working out how they can weasel out of paying HMRC.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

The whole situation stinks right now, I'm just very suspicious about their admins.

Hoping Gibson doesn't back down, and that they compromise.

I want them as a functioning club in League One.

If they survive all well and good, but they need to acknowledge as a club what they've tried to do and pay their bills, especially to the HMRC as that effects everyone, football fan or not.

• Like 3

Derby forum has thrown up these bits of gold:

"Derby were beaten to promotion by Leicester, QPR, Bournemouth,Villa and others who all breached P&S to get there but we just left the EFL to deal with the matter as they saw fit. When we were found out, Gibson threatened to sue the EFL because they had allowed Derby to cheat. The EFL had allowed us to cheat just like they had all the others before us because they did not have an efficient regulatory framework in place to prevent the breaches.

The EFL were in a corner with Gibson and they got out of it by telling him to make a claim against Derby, not them and they would support him. It is a corrupt can of worms and we are the victims. We have been victimised with embargoes and restrictions so that the EFL can get themselves off the hook and satisfy Gibson. That is not a conspiracy theory, it is a reasonable and likely hypothesis that a senior criminal investigating officer, looking into this matter, would be entitled to arrive at following the information we have been given about today's meeting between the administrators and the MPs.

I think the EFL now have very serious questions to answer about how they have treated Derby County. Parliament yesterday put them on notice to get their act together. Today's disclosures have amplified the need for them to heed that warning. I actually think that today has been as good as yesterday in moving us nearer to a resolution of our predicament."

"In view of my observations above I do not think we should be even entertaining Middlesbrough around a table. I think we should now be going on the attack against them and the EFL and attempt to expose their corrupt vendetta against us for the charade that it is. I was a senior criminal investigating officer, in a force outside Derbyshire, with 40 years experience - 25 of them at the senior level I have referred to. From what has been placed in the public domain today it suggests that the EFL has used DCFC as a Trojan Horse to deflect their own liability towards us in a collusive deal with Middlesbrough. As a result we have been subjected to unjustified punitive transfer embargoes and restrictions on top of the 21 points penalty we have accepted.

If I was still at work and in receipt of a complaint about this matter, I would be conducting dawn raids at the EFL and the Riverside Stadium tomorrow to secure evidence. I will be passing my observations to the administrators tomorrow because this is too late in the day for anyone to be fiddling while Derby is burning.

If the EFL, Middlesbrough and Wycombe want a fight, now is the time for us to take them on because the intervention of the politicians has brought about exposure of the wrongs that have been inflicted on our club.

We should now be taking off the gloves and fighting back if we are to survive."

• Haha 7