oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Well if Derby get a tax discount every club in the country should ask HRMC if they too can get a discount on their taxes. You should never give discounts on taxes as it blatantly opens up for shady people to speculate in it  - like Mel Morris. 

The Tax burden should fall to Morris.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Derby forum has thrown up these bits of gold:

The second guy needs to pick up the TV remote and change over from Alibi - it's not good for him.

"Passing on my observations"

Administrators: " Dont worry lads Frank from Ilkeston's cracked the case. He says MFC and the EFL are the ones who are fiddling things, not Derby County who havent paid the tax man or the dodgy deals of MM involving him selling an overinflated asset to himself to cook the books. Best get cracking on them dawn raids duckie"

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Naisby said:

The thing that gets my goat on their boards is that there are fans who don’t understand quite clearly the nuances and inferences of what the media and administrators are saying so have asked folk on their boards what is happening so they can understand.

The dishonest opinions given in reply are almost as criminal as what MM and the Derby board tried to get away with.

imagine if the situation was reversed and folk came on here and asked for help understanding the various tightly worded statements given out by various parties, and the advise given on here was we need to raise money to go to court to make the EFL allow us to name a preferred bidder, that will save our club.

It's amazing the level of mis-information coming from them...

"you lost the last seven games of the season".

A simple Google search tells you that isnt the case...

It will be interesting to see what happens with Derby.

About a year or so ago there where a lot of headlines about HMRC closely looking at football clubs, players and agents and the amount of tax they pay.

If memory serves me Rangers had a tax reduction when they were going through their issues a couple of years back. It might be different being Scotland and of course the current situation nationally is very different.

3 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

The second guy needs to pick up the TV remote and change over from Alibi - it's not good for him.

"Passing on my observations"

Administrators: " Dont worry lads Frank from Ilkeston's cracked the case. He says MFC and the EFL are the ones who are fiddling things, not Derby County who havent paid the tax man or the dodgy deals of MM involving him selling an overinflated asset to himself to cook the books. Best get cracking on them dawn raids duckie"

They're both by the same guy 😂

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Well if Derby get a tax discount every club in the country should ask HRMC if they too can get a discount on their taxes. You should never give discounts on taxes as it blatantly opens up for shady people to speculate in it  - like Mel Morris. 

That’s the big question, and that’s why HMRC loathe being classed as not a footballing debt. Imagine the number of clubs that would do this.

oh wait this is what back in 1986 HMRC took us to court for and almost liquidated us, the EFL decided to make us an example as it was becoming a joke the number of clubs going in and out of administration. They forced Boro to pay every penny in debts back to all creditors in football and to pay HMRC in full too in order to keep our golden league share. We were also forced to create a new company and not recycling the old one which is why the old badge and club died and a new shiny company with a round badge with 1986 on it happened.

roll on over 30 years and numerous financial crisis for clubs later and now its the turn of Derby.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

It's amazing the level of mis-information coming from them...

"you lost the last seven games of the season".

A simple Google search tells you that isnt the case...

Even accounting for the games we lost (and I do in my own personal evaluation), it doesn't change anything in terms of the case. The only way our positions could have been closer are if we had a single more point or our goal difference was better than theirs.

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If they're getting funding from somewhere they should be paying their massive tax bill off first. If that means selling players then so be it. It's like the administrators are just making up their own rules as it stands.

Just this, forget about buying players concentrate on paying your tax bill, as don’t forget that money is owed to the British public and would pay for hundreds of new nurses, (or six NHS diversity managers 😆).

• Like 5

It's been really interesting seeing people's views on this.  

I personally have no love for Derby as a club or a fanbase but I do recognize that they are one.  I have no desire to see them go out of business as ultimately the fans will suffer. 

However Derby have cheated.  They knew they were and what's more they seemed to take a great pleasure in telling people at the time.  

I do not personally think they should be able to write off debts to hmrc or anyone and still retain their league status. 

• Like 9
12 minutes ago, pikerman said:

Just this, forget about buying players concentrate on paying your tax bill, as don’t forget that money is owed to the British public and would pay for hundreds of new nurses, (or six NHS diversity managers 😆).

The tax bill to HMRC is £24m reports say, and the administrators are trying to get 70-75% of this knocked off so Derby can continue.

This is tax that Derby took in and spent not in the period Boro complaining about but in the last full tax year plus covid tax holiday. They only went in to administration when that nasty brown envelope hit the mat Saying Welcome to Derby County and MM and the club Secretary said Nah, threw it In the bin and then looked up the numbers for administrators and the EFL.

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

The local MPs and stuff will only be joining in because it's a desperate situation. Still, it would be awful if they also stood by and did nothing given the fact that it's a football club in this country and Derby is a one club city. This is almost certainly their club too, for those who follow the sport.

A good point and as stakeholders they have an input.  

Derby's plight is one of design rather than ineptitude, they chose to deliberately live beyond their means without regard for the Club, Fans or competition.
Whilst I know a few Derby fans and they are proud of their club as we are of ours, I haven't reached out to get their feeling on the matter just in case they've bought into this bull and would rather remember them as football fans as opposed to these delusional characters, refusing to pay the piper, or anyone else for that matter. 

• Like 3