oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

1 minute ago, Will said:

This situation sounds an awful lot like Mel Morris and the clubs accounts, which haven't been submitted since 17/18 😬

According to Derby fans MM has sold up his properties locally and is now enjoying the charms and delights that Barbados can offer.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

I suspect Sports Direct will wait until the 11th hour as suggested above and step in to clear the Tax bill on condition that Morris sells the ground to them for £20M.

They will also agree take on the liability for the Boro and Wycombe claim (probably already privately sorted and agreed). Ashley gets a bargain, DCFC get saved and the EFL breathe a sigh of relief.

Who on earth seriously bids on eBay before the final 10 seconds? Potential buyers know from all the bleating that they hold all the aces as the Administrators have effectively backed themselves into a corner by sticking their heads in the sand.

• Like 2

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that MM actually owns Quantuma through one of his shell companies. Then man is a crook without morals. But i suppose the Derby fans can start a crowdfunding to pay the HMRC.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that MM actually owns Quantuma through one of his shell companies. Then man is a crook without morals. But i suppose the Derby fans can start a crowdfunding to pay the HMRC.

Funny I was thinking along those lines Borodane. MM appoints this company as administrators and they use the same diversionary tactics and disinformation as MM did, hmmmhh strange!

• Like 3
Just now, pikerman said:

Funny I was thinking along those lines Borodin. MM appoints this company as administrators and they use the same diversionary tactics and disinformation as MM did, hmmmhh strange!

Also the preferred bidder for the club they wanted to announce last week is headed up by old and existing County directors and club officers,

Also add the fact that the administrators have had a bid for the club but they didn’t respond to the offer so after about 2 months the American withdrew it.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Also the preferred bidder for the club they wanted to announce last week is headed up by old and existing County directors and club officers,

Also add the fact that the administrators have had a bid for the club but they didn’t respond to the offer so after about 2 months the American withdrew it.

Does anyone know a retired CID bloke who would perhaps like to look into it?

• Haha 4
Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

Does anyone know a retired CID bloke who would perhaps like to look into it?

😅😅

Earlier today someone mentioned that there was someone fitting that bill over Derbyshire way, but better hurry as he might get offered another job.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Naisby said:

😅😅

Earlier today someone mentioned that there was someone fitting that bill over Derbyshire way, but better hurry as he might get offered another job.

I think he's busy for the foreseeable, raiding EFL and MFC offices

• Haha 5
12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Fresh update from the EFL.

Some interesting stuff in there, calling out fake news and reiterating that they don't want Derby liquidated.

Safe to say that the EFL is not impressed by the administrators at all. What the hell have they been doing for all this time? They haven't resolved any issues, they've managed to scare away one buyer by dragging their feet and haven't brought any funds into the club by offloading sellable assets. They are making a mockery of the EFL.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Fresh update from the EFL.

Some interesting stuff in there, calling out fake news and reiterating that they don't want Derby liquidated.

Does this quote:

"One such claim made in the past 24 hours is that the EFL has questions to answer regarding a supposed deal reached with Middlesbrough FC linked to Disciplinary action being taken against Derby County for alleged Profitability and Sustainability breaches. These accusations are wholly untrue, serving as an unwelcome diversion to current matters that need swift and decisive action by Derby’s Administrators."

mean that the claim made by the Derby fans that Gibson had an agreement with the EFL that he'd sue Derby and and not them, is another one of their lies?

Sorry if it's obvious but I do have a weird problem of getting confused when reading a long article on a screen.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Does this quote:

"One such claim made in the past 24 hours is that the EFL has questions to answer regarding a supposed deal reached with Middlesbrough FC linked to Disciplinary action being taken against Derby County for alleged Profitability and Sustainability breaches. These accusations are wholly untrue, serving as an unwelcome diversion to current matters that need swift and decisive action by Derby’s Administrators."

mean that the claim made by the Derby fans that Gibson had an agreement with the EFL that he'd sue Derby and and not them, is another one of their lies?

Sorry if it's obvious but I do have a weird problem of getting confused when reading a long article on a screen.

I believe so.

It always sounded daft and conspiratorial in the first place, so I'm surprised they've been peddling it.

• Like 1