• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Petition signed.

There was one year my business paid more corporation tax than Vodafone (i.e. it paid some). I'm sick to the back teeth of companies thinking tax is somehow optional, or that if they shriek loudly enough, they can dodge their responsibilities. Tax provides vital funding for essential public services, and w*****s like Mel Morris think they can dodge it by playing chicken with HMRC.

Huge respect to the Derby fans who crowdfunded the St John's Ambulance invoice, but it's beyond despicable that DCFC think they can get away without paying their tax bill. Honestly, if it's a straight choice between defrauding the taxpayer out of tens of millions of pounds or seeing the club drop out of the league and re-form as a phoenix, let them drop. 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

He has a point about the fact we lost 6 games in a row. We certainly didn't do ourselves any favours. If we'd won 2 or 3 of those, or at least managed to draw some, we could well have taken Villa's 5th place finish

That argument is irrelevant in my opinion, if they were sticking to the rules then they would have had an inferior squad all season.

Take out the expensive loan signings and they would have finished closer to mid table than the top. We were the team impacted the most by their cheating that season, well us and maybe Leeds. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Petition signed.

There was one year my business paid more corporation tax than Vodafone (i.e. it paid some). I'm sick to the back teeth of companies thinking tax is somehow optional, or that if they shriek loudly enough, they can dodge their responsibilities. Tax provides vital funding for essential public services, and w*****s like Mel Morris think they can dodge it by playing chicken with HMRC.

Huge respect to the Derby fans who crowdfunded the St John's Ambulance invoice, but it's beyond despicable that DCFC think they can get away without paying their tax bill. Honestly, if it's a straight choice between defrauding the taxpayer out of tens of millions of pounds or seeing the club drop out of the league and re-form as a phoenix, let them drop. 

Yes! 💪

#LiquidateDerby

I've just caught up with all this polava both on this forum and the Derby one.

All I can think of is one question.

Shouldn't Derby fans simply be annoyed with Mel Morris and his squeezing every last bit of cheating and advantage he possibly can and then going up in a puff of smoke?

Unbelievable level of weakness and lack of wisdom. I could be wrong but not one of them appears to have held their hands up and said this. It's all directed towards Steve Gibson now.

I despair.

• Like 4

Kind of amazing to see the turn in public opinion. Think a week or two ago, the feeling was much more empathetic towards Derby fans but they've come out all guns blazing defending yet another bad actor running their club in Quantuma.

You'd think if you were sat in this situation, you'd challenge all sides in the battle to save your club. Keep everyone on their toes. I'd accept the anger thrown at Gibson and Couhig and all the other people involved if they held the same anger for Quantuma when they mess up. Their club is about to die, keep a keen eye on all parties not just the ones who disagree with the administrators.

There's an irony here. The Rams keep having the wool pulled over their eyes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Liquid said:

I've just caught up with all this polava both on this forum and the Derby one.

All I can think of is one question.

Shouldn't Derby fans simply be annoyed with Mel Morris and his squeezing every last bit of cheating and advantage he possibly can and then going up in a puff of smoke?

Unbelievable level of weakness and lack of wisdom. I could be wrong but not one of them appears to have held their hands up and said this. It's all directed towards Steve Gibson now.

I despair.

If you had some lamb for dinner, you could say that 'Liquid ate the rams'...

• Haha 8

Derby have been docked an awful lot of points which is fair punishment in my eyes. They are also in a terrible financial mess, I imagine if this was happening at our club we would be heartbroken. They look like they’ll get relegated this season, that’s their punishment. 

Gibson really shouldn’t be pulling on the misery and by continuing his action he’s effectively delaying the sale of Derby to a potential buyer and therefore increasing the chance of them running out of money and folding. I don’t like what he’s doing one bit, even though I admire him as a man and as our chairman, I just can’t agree with what he’s doing here. 

I know many are up in arms about us missing out on promotion, but under Pulis?? Now that’s what I call a long shot!

5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Derby have been docked an awful lot of points which is fair punishment in my eyes. They are also in a terrible financial mess, I imagine if this was happening at our club we would be heartbroken. They look like they’ll get relegated this season, that’s their punishment. 

Gibson really shouldn’t be pulling on the misery and by continuing his action he’s effectively delaying the sale of Derby to a potential buyer and therefore increasing the chance of them running out of money and folding. I don’t like what he’s doing one bit, even though I admire him as a man and as our chairman, I just can’t agree with what he’s doing here. 

I know many are up in arms about us missing out on promotion, but under Pulis?? Now that’s what I call a long shot!

I respect your opinion, but mate this is a really *** bad take, given everything that has come out over the past few days.

It's almost like you started this post early last week and then forgot to send it.

6 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Have you read anything that's come out over the last few days Billy? Agree with DZ here, this looks like you wrote this a week ago!

5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Have to disagree mate. They got a 9 point deduction for cheating and trying to hide it - pretty lenient considering Reading have got 6 points for being open and honest.

12 points is for their self-imposed administration - which they deployed for the sole reason of avoiding having to pay the tax man.

And they will stay up if they keep their payers, they are well on track to do so. Make no mistake, their plan is to make it through the window having sold no assets, with a new owner as a debt-free club. So essentially, no punishment at all. 

Good on Gibson and Couhig for stopping this in my opinion. 

• Like 8