oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

If you agreed with the Mail article you've definitely got the wrong end of the stick mate, that article was a bunch of misinformed, emotional garbage.

I agree that there is no chance that we would have got promoted that season even if we had finished 6th. 

But having read the EFL statement it looks as though it’s not Gibson that is causing the problem so why is everyone getting so carried away with Gibson Rambo comments and the like?

Surely this is now a matter between the EFL and Derby. 

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I agree that there is no chance that we would have got promoted that season even if we had finished 6th. 

Why not?

We played Leeds twice, better team twice, we were beating them till the 120th minute in the second match.

Beat West Brom twice.

Lost to Villa twice, but they were playing West Brom and West Brom beat them and drew with them.

The whole argument that we wouldn't have been promoted because Villa beat us 3-0 twice in the league doesn't hold water for me.

We'd beaten Norwich 5-0 on aggregate the season when they then beat us in the play-off final.

• Like 1

I’ve read all of those articles posted and I still don’t want Derby to go out of business, it was heartbreaking when we nearly did. 

I believe in forgiveness not vengeance, they’ve done wrong, they’ll get relegated and have at least one season in the 3rd tier. That’s enough as far as I’m concerned. I’m shocked by some of malice shown on here. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’ve read all of those articles posted and I still don’t want Derby to go out of business, it was heartbreaking when we nearly did. 

I believe in forgiveness not vengeance, they’ve done wrong, they’ll get relegated and have at least one season in the 3rd tier. That’s enough as far as I’m concerned. I’m shocked by some of malice shown on here. 

Forgiveness usually comes after an apology...

26 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

In my eyes it’s an American slang that translates to a person that I can’t construct a decent argument. 

Well it's a good thing that I don't have your eyes...

3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Well said. 👏

Its not the club that deserve to go out of business, its Morris that deserves to have all his assets seized (up to the value of what he owes anyway).

Again, its a crying shame that the rules don't allow for this.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

But having read the EFL statement it looks as though it’s not Gibson that is causing the problem so why is everyone getting so carried away with Gibson Rambo comments and the like?

Surely this is now a matter between the EFL and Derby. 

it's got nothinig to do with us getting promoted, it's about Derby cheating and lying about cheating to avoid punishment in the correct season. 

Derby have admitted to cheating by submitting correct accounts for those years, which resulted in 3 x 3 pt penalites and 3 points suspended. if those penalties had been applied to the correct season, then Derby would not have finished above us, and Wycombe would not have been relegated.

• Like 2