oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Just now, AnglianRed said:

Well said. 👏

Its not the club that deserve to go out of business, its Morris that deserves to have all his assets seized (up to the value of what he owes anyway).

Again, its a crying shame that the rules don't allow for this.

Thank you. 

I thought for a moment I was the only reasonable person on here, you’ve restored my faith in football fans, now whatever you do, don’t go and run riot at Old Trafford!

• Haha 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’ve read all of those articles posted and I still don’t want Derby to go out of business, it was heartbreaking when we nearly did. 

I believe in forgiveness not vengeance, they’ve done wrong, they’ll get relegated and have at least one season in the 3rd tier. That’s enough as far as I’m concerned. I’m shocked by some of malice shown on here. 

And I believe that a business should only survive if they pay their debt. Especially to the public. No third person should suffer financially because Derby have blatantly cheated and spent money they didn't have.

• Like 5
Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

True I guess. 

Like you I have absolutely no desire for them to go out of business, but what Gibson is hinting at in his open letter, and other mouthpieces in the media like Simon Jordan and Alan Nixon are saying is that something slightly more sinister is going on behind the scenes including Mel Morris still being involved and essentially leading the administrators where he wants them to go as the huge loan they have with Michael Dell is personally assured against Morris himself. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

it's got nothinig to do with us getting promoted, it's about Derby cheating and lying about cheating to avoid punishment in the correct season. 

Derby have admitted to cheating by submitting correct accounts for those years, which resulted in 3 x 3 pt penalites and 3 points suspended. if those penalties had been applied to the correct season, then Derby would not have finished above us, and Wycombe would not have been relegated.

I thought the whole point was that Gibson is seeking compensation for not having a chance to play in the playoffs and therefore possibly being promoted. 

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’ve read all of those articles posted and I still don’t want Derby to go out of business, it was heartbreaking when we nearly did. 

I believe in forgiveness not vengeance, they’ve done wrong, they’ll get relegated and have at least one season in the 3rd tier. That’s enough as far as I’m concerned. I’m shocked by some of malice shown on here. 

I too remember 1986, I remember the attitude of other clubs and fans to our position, punishing fans isn’t right and what the club means to them, but if you don’t enforce and punish those that break the rules then you turn professional football as a competitive and rule based competition into one where cheaters and shysters prosper.

The EFL made an example out of Boro, changed their own rules to make things tougher, enforced a 100p in every pound debt repayment to all creditors football or not.

Steve Gibson and others jumped through all the hoops put in front of them, paid back everyone.

And now when he is demanding the same of others he branded a villain by Derby. You break the rules you take the punishment, sadly in football that can mean the end of a club. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Thank you. 

I thought for a moment I was the only reasonable person on here, you’ve restored my faith in football fans, now whatever you do, don’t go and run riot at Old Trafford!

i don''t believe a business should rip of tax payers, creditors and blame other parties after they've admitted to cheating. Whilst simultaenously refusing to sell their assets to pay off their self incurred debts.

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

And I believe that a business should only survive if they pay their debt. Especially to the public. No third person should suffer financially because Derby have blatantly cheated and spent money they didn't have.

Many third persons will suffer though won’t they…their fans. 

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

i don''t believe a business should rip of tax payers, creditors and blame other parties after they've admitted to cheating. Whilst simultaenously refusing to sell their assets to pay off their self incurred debts.

There must be an awful lot of companies that you refuse to do business with in that case. 

They didn't care when they thought MM had the EFL on strings.

At the very least Derby have to pay off their tax to HMRC in full, regardless of what happens with our claim.

• Like 5

Sadly that’s life, their fans were bigging it up when they thought they were getting away with it. But they owe just to one creditor HMRC £24m and they trying to get that reduced by 75%.

i would like my taxes reduced by 75% and all other debts treated the same. Sadly that’s not how it should work. A tax cheated is a service reduced or stopped, 

• Like 5

I thought the whole point was that Gibson is seeking compensation for not having a chance to play in the playoffs and therefore possibly being promoted. 

you have to assign a value to a claim, Derby cheated and delayed punishment, that resulted in them finishing 1 pt above us. gibbo set out a proposal based on what may have happened if we finished 6th, the final figure is down to arbitration, but you have to start somehwere.  

Also this claim pre-dates Derby going into administration, but once again Derby delayed addressing it.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

and they only have one person to blame, Mel Morris

3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

There must be an awful lot of companies that you refuse to do business with in that case. 

yep ,there is.

• Like 1